2.9 whipple cobra track times

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Hey guys took the cobra out yesterday for the first time after installing my 2.9 whipple. mods of my car are in my sig. i think i could get my times a little lower but when i tried to run it a third time my tranny messed up. when i tried to shift into second gear wouldnt go in was really hard to put in. finnaly went in and i couldnt get it out of 2nd forced it out and went to put it in 3rd and same thing just didnt get stuck in gear. oh well i guess its time to put more money into it lol. im really happy with the results either way. anyways heres a video and a pic of my timeslip
2.9 whipple cobra - YouTube

IMAG0267.jpg

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Congrats on the 10's! If I were to ever go to a twin screw the Whipple 2.9 is what I would want. Swap pulleys and let it eat!

black-plasma

Established Member
Get a line lock and some 28" et drag's and watch the et's drop quite a bit more.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Congrats on the 10's! If I were to ever go to a twin screw the Whipple 2.9 is what I would want. Swap pulleys and let it eat!
Thanks I actually have a 3.2 pulley I plan to run on e85 and just keep the 3.5 for every day driving (91 octane)
Get a line lock and some 28" et drag's and watch the et's drop quite a bit more.

I've been thinking about a line lock for a while now just really never pulled the trigger on buying one might be my next mod after I fix the tranny. I'm actually running 28" Mt et drags right now.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
No line lock..just learn how to do a burn out. What kind of power does the car make?

black-plasma

Established Member
Line lock saves the rear brakes and is easier on the clutch, no brainer.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I would think a whip 2.9 with a decent launch would be well over the 99 mph mark. There should be lots left in this car!!

KJ04SVT

Established Member
I have similar setup with the whipple 2.9 but I do have the E85 switch tune.. On the S/C belt you are running with the idler, what belt size is that? I have to put my idler back on, was just wondering!! Awesome times, thanks for sharing...

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
I have similar setup with the whipple 2.9 but I do have the E85 switch tune.. On the S/C belt you are running with the idler, what belt size is that? I have to put my idler back on, was just wondering!! Awesome times, thanks for sharing...[/I QUOTE]I have a k080774 belt from gates

yeah your trap is way low...i trap 130-133
I asked some members on here the same thing and they think its cuz of my elevation of 3900 ft
I would think a whip 2.9 with a decent launch would be well over the 99 mph mark. There should be lots left in this car!!

That's what had me scratching my head when i saw it on timeslip I only picked up 3 mph after whipple swap. People say its cuz of my elevation :shrug:

mustang john

Established Member
Times are kinda slow for an SRA Cobra with a 2.9 Whipple on 28" slicks, i have run faster and quicker with my little ported eaton :rolling:

Just messin with ya man, get some seat time, launch it and shift it high and hard and that should be a low 10 car.

Alttitude does make a big difference, where in Texas are you?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread