2.9 problem!

bksvt

Established Member
Just finished installing my 2.9 crusher kit ..went to start it up and it wont stay running if I tap the gas a little bit it will stall im thinking its the new mass air that I installed for the crusher kit ..has anybody else had this problem when they did this swap?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Your car will not run with a 05+ maf without a tune...my car is running on the 90mm sct ba2400 currently....tune is scheduled for march 3rd.

bksvt

Established Member
Your car will not run with a 05+ maf without a tune...my car is running on the 90mm sct ba2400 currently....tune is scheduled for march 3rd.

Yea I was thinking that ..i sold my ba2400 so I cant put that on for now. I gotta see if I could find My stock one maybe that would work just to get it started.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just like Blwn04SVTcobra said you need a tune for the new MAF. If you don't have one the car won't run. Your stock sensor also won't fit into the Whipple crusher MAF. It's designed to house the 05+ slot sensor not the older 99-04 style sensors.

Hope that helps.

Jared

bksvt

Established Member
Just like Blwn04SVTcobra said you need a tune for the new MAF. If you don't have one the car won't run. Your stock sensor also won't fit into the Whipple crusher MAF. It's designed to house the 05+ slot sensor not the older 99-04 style sensors.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Yea I found my stock maf the engine started ..so I quess im gonna have to get it towed to mustang magic.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Yea I found my stock maf the engine started ..so I quess im gonna have to get it towed to mustang magic.

Have them pull out my dyno graphs for you to compare to...just tell them Jay with the white vert...they know me well.

bksvt

Established Member
Have them pull out my dyno graphs for you to compare to...just tell them Jay with the white vert...they know me well.

Alright I will..im gonna give them a call tomorrow and see if they can give me a base tune so I can get the car there with the new maf.

Users who are viewing this thread