2.9 crusher question

919_SonicTermi

Established Member
Hey, this is my first post here so if i made any mistakes please let me know. I have a 03 SB cobra with 115k miles on it. It has pulley, intake tune and exhaust, so not much done to it. Ive been offered a 2.9 crusher from someone and i wanted to know what it would require to run it. im not planning on running 800hp at the moment, nor 700whp. id prefer to run it at around 600-650 whp for the time being. Ive been told all i would need would be 60lb injectors, BAP, and a tune and i should be good. Any advice? thanks.

919_SonicTermi

Established Member
Are you getting a screaming deal? Will you ever use the blower to its potential?
He’s selling for 5k but said he’d give me a good deal so somewhere in the mid 4K to high . Has 4K miles on it . I want to start off slow with it then eventually build it up . I’d plan on rebuilding the engine at some point .

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Do you plan to run it on E85 or sticking to straight 91-93 pump gasoline?
What rwhp do you want to eventually grow into?
These could influence your injector size as well as help you avoid buying another set of larger injectors down the road.

-Ken

919_SonicTermi

Established Member
Do you plan to run it on E85 or sticking to straight 91-93 pump gasoline?
What rwhp do you want to eventually grow into?
These could influence your injector size as well as help you avoid buying another set of larger injectors down the road.

-Ken
Yeah I’d want to go e85 since available in my area. Definitely somewhere in the 800hp is my end goal .

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
He’s selling for 5k but said he’d give me a good deal so somewhere in the mid 4K to high . Has 4K miles on it . I want to start off slow with it then eventually build it up . I’d plan on rebuilding the engine at some point .

On Lethal's site the gen 3 crusher is about $5800 and includes all the intake stuff. If he's in the high 4k I'd wait a little longer and go new personally.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Yeah I’d want to go e85 since available in my area. Definitely somewhere in the 800hp is my end goal .
Personally I would buy injectors based on your end goal of 800+rwhp and E85. The injector technology and tuning capabilities of today can easily make something like an ID1050 or even an ID1300 work and operate with stock like drivability even at 600-650 rwhp. They may cost a little bit more than 60lbs injectors buy they are what you would have to buy down the road when you increase power. Save yourself the added cost of buying two different sets of injectors and get the bigger ones up front.
Unless of course the budget simply isn’t there for the larger injectors and you find a screaming great deal on 60lbrs.
For reference I ran a KB 2.2 on 21psi with 60lbs injectors a BAP and a larger BA3000 maf and did fine with it. BUT that was on 93 octane plus Torco. That would not have been enough if I had been running E85 at that boost level.

-Ken

Last edited:

919_SonicTermi

Established Member
Personally I would buy injectors based on your end goal of 800+rwhp and E85. The injector technology and tuning capabilities of today can easily make something like an ID1050 or even an ID1300 work and operate with stock like drivability even at 600-650 rwhp. They may cost a little bit more than 60lbs injectors buy they are what you would have to buy down the road when you increase power. Save yourself the added cost of buying two different sets of injectors and get the bigger ones up front.
Unless of course the budget simply isn’t there for the larger injectors and you find a screaming great deal on 60lbrs.
For reference I ran a KB 2.2 on 21psi with 60lbs injectors a BAP and a larger BA3000 maf and did fine with it. BUT that was on 93 octane plus Torco. That would not have been enough if I had been running E85 at that boost level.

-Ken
I was thinking of going with 80lb injectors and the boost a pump for now , the. Eventually go e85 . I’d prefer not to spend that much right now and stick with pump gas at the moment .

old01cobra

Established Member
Ive learned do everything once, you save in the long run. Money and time are saved. It might not be the answer you want but if you can’t afford to have everything match properly then just hold off and buy everything when you can afford it. Look at FIC injectors, like the 1000cc they’re decent and they don’t cost a arm and a leg like ID stuff. Buy twin 465s a new hat run some new fuel pump wiring and call it a day.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you're set on this blower you can always grab it and throw it on the shelf until you're ready to use it. I've used the 80's in the past and had good luck with them. But I went with ID's this time around.

GodStang

Established Member
It only has 4K miles but what type of miles? If it is 4K miles 1/4 mile at a time you may want to walk away. If it is highway miles than should be fine. Also what Gen 2.9L is it? How old of a blower?

As far as build I would do 80s minimum. Usually Cheaper than 60s and I was able to get to 800rw on E85 with a tad room left over. Also check out FIC or FID injectors many tuners are going to these over the IDs as they are half the cost and many like them better. I will be going to the FID 1200s here when I pull my 80s.

Just a note that a 2.9L pulleyed for 600 is not going to be too snappy. Too big of a blower to spin that slow.

Users who are viewing this thread