2.8KBH shooting for 800+

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
i have a stock block, 2.8 KBH on the car now, going into a moderate summer build. My question is, what boost level is needed to break 800RWHP with this 2.8KB. Keep in mind I know it needs E85, it is basically a FBO vehicle. TIA.

GodStang

Established Member
I ran a 2.8L for years. What car is this on? What do you consider moderate build? Do you want SAE numbers or STD? Which 2.8L you have? Standard inlet or Mammoth or Behemoth?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't the H and the L have slightly different boost output levels

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the e85 or higher octane mix will more than likely get you to 800. I'm going to be trying that Ignite 114 on my setup.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
What setup are you running?
I would say so, just need head studs to support the boost

I'm about to put on a 2.9 whipple, lethal 1400hp e85 return system and ID1000 injectors. Bone stock motor

GodStang

Established Member
the e85 or higher octane mix will more than likely get you to 800. I'm going to be trying that Ignite 114 on my setup.

You are going to have to look between 24-26psi. With just bolt-ons I doubt you will hit it SAE but you find a friendly dyno and you may be able to hit it STD. At those boost levels a Behemoth/Mammoth inlet will go a long long way. I have seen heads/cams/heavy boost 2.8L/2.9L not break 800rwhp a number of times.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
You are going to have to look between 24-26psi. With just bolt-ons I doubt you will hit it SAE but you find a friendly dyno and you may be able to hit it STD. At those boost levels a Behemoth/Mammoth inlet will go a long long way. I have seen heads/cams/heavy boost 2.8L/2.9L not break 800rwhp a number of times.

To be completely honest, I really don't care about dyno numbers. I want the results on the track.

Fabian_sn95

Established Member
Ill definitely shoot for the moon lol i like dyno numbers an track times. I also have a crew of cobra owners an i’m coming for the crown but three of them are in the 8’s

Users who are viewing this thread