2.8kb cobra. How much boost.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
okay i have the 2.8kb, just the regular 2.8kb. 3.65 upper pulley, 2lb lower, jlt big boost intake, 3000BA, Mac LTs. How much boost should i be making.. I thought around 21, got the car tuned and it made 17lbs 580 rwhp.. When i got it back i notices that my aftermarket tensionor pulley was whobbling real bad and my belt is a little big almost maxes out my tensior to where it will rub on the bridge. I replaced the pulley and tightened up the belt real tight but i havent checked the boost yet. Curious what should i be making if im not having a slipping issue.

2.8kb
upper pulley 3.65
lower 2
Mac LT
JLT big boost intake.
meth injection

Last edited:

Wildman113

Established Member
I can't help you with the exact number you should be making, but one thing to remember is that the LT headers will reduce your total boost pressure vs. stock manifolds.

So if that setup is supposed to make 21PSI on stock manifolds, your LT's would be the reason you are only seeing 17PSI.

Remember, pressure is only a measure of restriction, so if you can make more power with less boost, then thats even better!!

If you are happy with the 580WHP dyno and that is in spec for your mods, then there is no reason to worry about only seeing 17PSI of boost.

Users who are viewing this thread