2.8 kb build list

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
Need help getting steered in the right direction, what will be needed. As for fuel, should i do a total upgrade on a return fuel system (aero). or do i just need rails, 60#, bap and I am cool, Ive read several threads from KB, saying they're making 700 on stock fuel setups. Does anyone know where i can find a chart with different pully size/boost comparisons, i cant find one anywhere haha. i want to run ~21lbs. any other advice/feedback will be great. Thanks

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
Last edited:

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
i think i read somewhere that stock pump, 60#, and BAP was enough fuel to feed 700rwhp, am i mistaken?

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
According to kb you can run that much RWHP with BAP, or maybe its a dual BAP. Anyway check out their web site for all the info.

I built my fuel system and did the GT pumps because I knew I would be playing around with the boost and not leaving it all static once it was tuned.

GodStang

Established Member
No you can not do that on stock pumps with a single Bap.

Dual Aviators .........412lph

Kenne Bell BAP/Stock Pump Combo.............378 lph

Dual Walbros (no BAP)..............................316 lph

Dual Focus (SVT, no BAP).........................286 lph

Stock Cobra...........................................23 8 lph

ALL combos benefit from wiring upgrade/modded fpdm/lines/rails

BAP and focus or aviators blows 30 driver minifuse.

simpler yet,

stock good for 470

dual focus good for 530

stock with BAP good for 600

dual aviators with wiring upgrade/modded fpdm/ -8 lines/rails good for 666+

by Postban

I think Duel GT pumps flow around 510 lph if I remember correctly alone.

GodStang

Established Member
After market Fuel rails are just for looks till about 900rwhp. Stock have been run on many 900 TT cars.

GodStang

Established Member
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/fuelpumptech.pdf

Take a look at link, the chart on page 2 shows that KB says you can run up to 750 rwhp on cobra pumps with a BAP. If you read the write ups on the mammoth kits they give the specifics of what they did to run 770+ rwhp on their test car.

Becareful reading someones ad and thinking its actual info. Lets just say my setup with a Kenne Bell BAP could not support 650rwhp let alone 750rwhp. I had to up grade to dual Aviators just to reach 720rwhp.

Last edited:

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
If you need to upgrade fuel pumps be careful, some pumps are designed for return style fuel system others are designed for returnless fuel system. You can upgrade to other ford pumps like the ford GT pumps, or the aviator pumps to get more flow knowing that they are designed for a returnless system.

Also regarding godstang's posts, his motor is not a stock cobra short block and I think he has head and cam work as well. He may also have upgraded fuel lines and rails so his experience could be different than the KB data would suggest as their info is based on stock motor and fuel system.

The great thing about these forums is that you will find that different people have gone different ways to get to similar goals. It can be confusing, but keep in mind that an experienced shop will guide you based on their experience. If you are going to do the work yourself you will need to get all the feedback you can and make your own decisions.

GodStang

Established Member
Ok here is a post from a guy with a built engine. Not sure if he is on this site:
"I have the mammoth also and put down 645/570 on pump gas @ 20 lbs. Stock motor with stock fuel pumps at 99% capacity w/ boost a pump & 72lb rc injectors. I'm upgrading to the gt pumps."

He is maxing stock pumps with a BAP at 645 rwhp.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Ok here is a post from a guy with a built engine. Not sure if he is on this site:
"I have the mammoth also and put down 645/570 on pump gas @ 20 lbs. Stock motor with stock fuel pumps at 99% capacity w/ boost a pump & 72lb rc injectors. I'm upgrading to the gt pumps."

He is maxing stock pumps with a BAP at 645 rwhp.

What size motor? Heads? Cams? Anyway. Here is a link to the KB site which shows what they did to the 03 cobra with the mammoth that made 744 rwhp. It does specify that they used their competition BAP.

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/Mammoth28KitsComparison.pdf

I think we all know that there will be variability between different cars, but KB's data (albeit for that particular car) is at least an observation under controlled circumstances and is well documented.

Users who are viewing this thread