2.76 pulley with 4lb lower

Ian torres

Established Member
I had my car tuned a couple months ago with 2.76 upper it made 436hp and 489tq I am thinking of doing a 4lb lower. What kind of number can I expect the car has exhaust, and intake. What can I expect from this setup? How would the stock blower like that amount of boost?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I had my car tuned a couple months ago with 2.76 upper it made 436hp and 489tq I am thinking of doing a 4lb lower. What kind of number can I expect the car has exhaust, and intake. What can I expect from this setup? How would the stock blower like that amount of boost?
That's about what I made with the upper pulley setup on my 03'. I would suggest porting the blower before you add any boost. The Eaton M-112's have good room for improvement from porting the blower. I got a 44 RWHP increase from a Steig Stage IV port back in the day. Then maybe you could consider the lower pulley. You can spin the M-112 that fast if you support your setup with the correct cooling modifications.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with Dwight's advice. If you're going to stick with the Eaton, get it ported and then add the lower. Fuel and cooling supporting mods are a must, of course.

What octane fuel are you using?

Venom351R

Established Member
Decide if you want the eaton long term or not. If you do then go ahead and get it ported. If you are thinking of going with a bigger blower at some point don't waste the money on a port and put that towards a bigger blower. I did the 2.76 on mine with exhaust / intake and made 483/517 but I got used to it pretty quick. Its almost finished with getting a VMP Gen3R put on it now w/ a fuel system. All depends on what you think you will be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread