2.50" Pulley question

austin101385

Established Member
Hey,

I'm saving up and almost ready to think about a pulley/idler/tune package for my 2012 GT500. I already have an SCT Tuner that is unlocked for my GT500, so would just need the tune. My question is about the 2.50" pulley offered now from Revan Racing with no need to modify the snout.

What is, if any, disadvantages with going 2.50"...I saw where VMP posted something about the belt maybe wearing bad/unevenly, but may have read this wrong.

And I assume the advantage of going 2.50 vs 2.59 is about 1 extra psi (~ 20rwhp)? If this is the case, it definitely sounds worth it. Have you had any feedback with the 2.50" pulley on the stock supercharger?

Thanks for the info,
Austin

Van@RevanRacing

Hey,

I'm saving up and almost ready to think about a pulley/idler/tune package for my 2012 GT500. I already have an SCT Tuner that is unlocked for my GT500, so would just need the tune. My question is about the 2.50" pulley offered now from Revan Racing with no need to modify the snout.

What is, if any, disadvantages with going 2.50"...I saw where VMP posted something about the belt maybe wearing bad/unevenly, but may have read this wrong.

And I assume the advantage of going 2.50 vs 2.59 is about 1 extra psi (~ 20rwhp)? If this is the case, it definitely sounds worth it. Have you had any feedback with the 2.50" pulley on the stock supercharger?

Thanks for the info,
Austin

Austin

Great question and I apologize it took me this long to reply. I've been at Sebring racing this weekend.

I had a number of customers run the 2.50" pulley before I offered it on my website. I wanted to make sure there were no issues. In fact, I waited at least 3 to 4 months before I was comfortable with offering the product.

The only downside it spinning the blower a little faster so it can create some additional heat soak. With respect to you tuner just make sure it is an SCT XCAL3 with a Serial Number beginning with XP.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or shoot me an email or PM.

Van

austin101385

Established Member
So would the extra heat soak produced from going 2.50 vs 2.59 defeat the purpose of getting more boost/hp? I've read that the 2011-12 gt500 have a better HE than the older gt500s and this is primarily a street car, driven to/from work about 2-3 days a week and some occasional back road runs. I would prefer to wait a little while until I upgrade my stock HE, so not to dump so much money into the car all at once.

Van@RevanRacing

So would the extra heat soak produced from going 2.50 vs 2.59 defeat the purpose of getting more boost/hp? I've read that the 2011-12 gt500 have a better HE than the older gt500s and this is primarily a street car, driven to/from work about 2-3 days a week and some occasional back road runs. I would prefer to wait a little while until I upgrade my stock HE, so not to dump so much money into the car all at once.

The 11-12 have different heat exchangers but I will tell you I have a number of 2011-2012 customers with the same or similar set up and they notice a difference.

For your application I would recommend going with the 2.5 and you'll be just fine. You're only going to get into that extra psi of boost in the higher upper RPM band which you most likely won't be into all that often.

Van

jml1521

Established Member
Hey Van on my 07 gt500 if I should upgrade to the 2008 crank balancer while I'm at it shouldn't I just put in an innovatives west 10% pulley to get more boost that way??? And if I go that rout could I still put one of your 2.5 pulleys on the blower too? How much boost will it then Make I am upgrading to your heat exchanger too. I will not put a roll bar in my car so I don't want to go with a whole new blower what do you suggest?
Jimmy

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Van on my 07 gt500 if I should upgrade to the 2008 crank balancer while I'm at it shouldn't I just put in an innovatives west 10% pulley to get more boost that way??? And if I go that rout could I still put one of your 2.5 pulleys on the blower too? How much boost will it then Make I am upgrading to your heat exchanger too. I will not put a roll bar in my car so I don't want to go with a whole new blower what do you suggest?
Jimmy

You can do an upper and lower and that will make about 16 lbs of boost depending on your exhaust. The heat exchanger would be an absolute must with a 10% OD and a stock supercharger.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread