2.40 upper pulley with stock tune?

BOD89LX

Established Member
Has any one tried just adding a 2.40 upper pulley only with a stock tune? Does any one know if the stock tune can pull enough timing with a few extra pounds of boost? I am thinking about returning my car to stock other then the 2.40 pulley due to some small drivability issues I have from either the 127mm CAI or the 65mm scj throttle body. So any thoughts or experience you have had would be great.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I would think you would need a tune for that small of pulley. Also the SCJTB, is it the twin ? or Mono ? The JLT intake I have noticed people having tuning issues, I would suggest this.
Make sure there is a screen in the filter.
Put in on as far down the tube as possible.
Make sure you MAF sensor is correct. Opening on it facing your filter.

I had issues with my JLT tube as well, but I used ended up putting a Airraid filter on mines using the adapter method. No issues since.

The Ford TB's usually work spot on. I would suggest you talk to the tuner again, or go to a local shop for a Dyno tune, or perhaps do a data log if you have a programmer and a laptop.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I would think you would need a tune for that small of pulley. Also the SCJTB, is it the twin ? or Mono ? The JLT intake I have noticed people having tuning issues, I would suggest this.
Make sure there is a screen in the filter.
Put in on as far down the tube as possible.
Make sure you MAF sensor is correct. Opening on it facing your filter.

I had issues with my JLT tube as well, but I used ended up putting a Airraid filter on mines using the adapter method. No issues since.

The Ford TB's usually work spot on. I would suggest you talk to the tuner again, or go to a local shop for a Dyno tune, or perhaps do a data log if you have a programmer and a laptop.

Yea 65mm twin T/B and I have worked out most of the problems other then the high speed stall not a huge deal but the throttle surge when going down hill or when the cruise is still bothers me not sure if its the CAI or the T/B doing it my bet is the CAI. I also dont like the install on the CAI on the 13's as it doesnt fit as good as I would like. Just after reading all of the drama about the MAF tuning i am having second thoughts about the mods.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Yea 65mm twin T/B and I have worked out most of the problems other then the high speed stall not a huge deal but the throttle surge when going down hill or when the cruise is still bothers me not sure if its the CAI or the T/B doing it my bet is the CAI. I also dont like the install on the CAI on the 13's as it doesnt fit as good as I would like. Just after reading all of the drama about the MAF tuning i am having second thoughts about the mods.

What would you do differently? Leave the engine mods off?

BOD89LX

Established Member
What would you do differently? Leave the engine mods off?

I would have just done a resonator delete and air filter and 3:73 gears if Ford could recalibrate the speedo. I would also like to convert to e85 which I may do over the winter as it looks like all I will need is some 1000cc injectors and a boost a pump and tuning of course.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Has any one tried just adding a 2.40 upper pulley only with a stock tune? Does any one know if the stock tune can pull enough timing with a few extra pounds of boost? I am thinking about returning my car to stock other then the 2.40 pulley due to some small drivability issues I have from either the 127mm CAI or the 65mm scj throttle body. So any thoughts or experience you have had would be great.

Whose tune?

I'd bet you $20 its not the tb.

Email me privately (not pm) and I'll give you a couple of trouble shooting tips for your setup.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Users who are viewing this thread