2.4 upper install

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
So i just installed a 2.4 upper and when i spin the pulley by hand it binds and releases as i turn it. Should it bind at all or should it spin freely?

08KR525

Established Member
You may have pushed it on a bit to much. Try backing it off to see if that makes a difference. It should definitely spin freely.

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
I started it shut it down and now it spins freely. I didnt think you could push it on too far? Now when i start it stalls 3/4 times i start it. Is this normal with a custom tune?

bklynpanman

Established Member
I had issues with a certain canned tune causing stalling at startup. Switched to a different tune. All good now

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I ran my finger across the shaft and pully and it feels flush.

It's not just the snout/pulley being flush. Check the "skirt" of the pulley and make sure you have some space between it and the housing.

If your car is stalling you have:

1. An air leak. Check that your sensor is in place properly. Does it look like there could be a leak?
Make sure the sensor is pointed in the right direction.
Make sure you have your sleeve (tube to throttle body) completely around the mouth of the TB. Pay particular attention to the bottom of the TB.

2. Air connections. Are they all on?

3. New TB? Make sure there are no leaks between the TB and inlet.

4. Call your tuner and talk to them about it. A datalog will help.

bj

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
The day started off installing a 2.4 upper with a metco auxiliary idler, JLT 127 CAI,Jon lund tune from Revan Racing and Bobs oil catch can driver and passenger on a completely bone stock car.Skirt has about 1/8 inch gap between pulley and supercharger housing still spinning freely now and I never touched the pulley not really sure what happened there. The first 3 or 4 starts it was stalling after 1-2 seconds. I reflashed the tune with the X4 and now its running fine. Is there any learning that the ecu needs to do after flashing it with a new tune?

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The day started off installing a 2.4 upper with a metco auxiliary idler, JLT 127 CAI,Jon lund tune from Revan Racing and Bobs oil catch can driver and passenger on a completely bone stock car.Skirt has about 1/8 inch gap between pulley and supercharger housing still spinning freely now and I never touched the pulley not really sure what happened there. The first 3 or 4 starts it was stalling after 1-2 seconds. I reflashed the tune with the X4 and now its running fine. Is there any learning that the ecu needs to do after flashing it with a new tune?

After you flash the ECU you want to let the car idle till it reaches operating temperature, than turn the A/C on for a minute than shut the A/C off, than shut the car off, that will allow the car to learn the idle, than take it for a drive and make sure it has good drive ability.

Users who are viewing this thread