2.3L Whipple losing boost

Yellow_rag

Few SVT Poster
Established Member
Anybody know if there's a way to confirm the bypass valve is closing completely? I've got a 2.3L with the solenoid bypassed running a 2.95 pulley. The lower blower nipple is routed directly to the bypass actuator. Issue is recently my boost has been dropping from about 17.5max to 15.5. I can feel the power is down too, so it's not a gauge. Also i have mech gauge and Aeroforce and they agree.

I've put a vacuum on the other side of the bypass actuator and it holds vacuum. I tried changing to a 2.75in pulley which should put me at ~20psi but no change at all - still caps about 15.5 by 3k rpm or so and goes no higher.

I emailed Whipple support but after answering a bunch of really basic questions the guy said my belt was slipping. I have a Reisch pulley and there's almost no dust so I'm pretty sure the belt isnt slipping. There's also no squeal. And I sprayed the belt with CRC belt conditioner which is sticky stuff and there was no change.

I would think if it was a leak somewhere it would throw a code. I feel like it has to be the bypass valve but you cant see it on a Whipple. In fact I think you have to take it apart. Anybody had this issue? thansk!

Users who are viewing this thread