2.3l exhaust?

88fox_body

I have a 88 mustang lx with a 2.3L all I've done is a cold air intake and a few cosmetic things. I'm having trouble finding a exhaust to buy. Do you guys know of any or any upgrades that would help make it sound meaner? Thanks for any tips!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm not aware of anyone that makes a performance exhaust specifically for the 2.3L. Having said that, you have some options...you could use just one side of a 5.0 exhaust, or you could make your own..either one will probably require a little custom work.

wesessiah

Established Member
buy a universal muffler of your choice, and go to a muffler shop and have them make your piping. with a 4 cylinder, using something straight-through but louvered (like a glass pack) as a resonator really helps cut down on the rasp. depending on your shop, it may cost you anywhere from $80-$150 (from my experience) plus the cost of the muffler, and resonator, if you opt for one.

Last edited:

Fox 5.0

Established Member
My buddy was telling me Amazon was having a special on Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers a little while back. I would just keep a look out for muffler deals that pop up that will fit your car and 'custom' make your exhaust. Just have a shop weld in whatever muffler you want that will work.

snakebite72

Established Member
You can install a header of a Ford Ranger the rest needs to be fabricated with a muffler of choice... i did that with a Walker Turbo muffler and it sounds pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread