2.3 Whipple dyno #s??

Will_SVT

Established Member
Alright guys, recently bought a terminator and just curious of what my dyno numbers should be?
Im expecting high 500s. Is that accurate with my current setup? Iv seen anywhere from mid 500s to low 600s with similar if not same setups. Is 600+rwhp obtainable with the right tune? if not a 2.8 or 2.7 will do the trick.

2.3L Whipple
3.0" pulley
17.5 psi on 93 octane
stock lower
all billet pullies with auxiliary idlers
dense charger cai
60# injectors
KB boost a pump
single blade accufab
SCT3000 maf sensor
stock manifolds
offroad H to stinger catback
head cooling mod
gords ford heat exchanger with twin fans

I have numbers from previous owner but everyone likes to spice them up when trying to sell.
Numbers vary by car such as factory freaks but opinions on the average setup would be nice to hear.

opinions and comments appreciated.

Thanks, @will_svt

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
I think your right on par. Upgrading to return fuel and/or E-85/93-torco mix will get you into the 600's for sure, if your not already there. I think you have a lot of other options on the table before upgrading the blower again, especially just in the fuel dept. Longtubes, will also help drop the boost some so you can run some different pulley configurations. Guys are into the 700+ with 2.3L blowers and E-85. Im in the middle of tuning mine with 04sleeper and will throw it on a dyno just for kicks when were done. Traveling for work is killing me right now, which is why it is taking forever... but Im guessing anywhere between 650-700 w/ E85, depending on the dyno. Just remember you want safe, reliable, and drivability in my opinion versus all out HP shown on a graph.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think you should be able to hit 600 no problem. Im at 590 on 91 @15psi. Timing is 19* but pulls back to 17 at max torque. Just remember dynos do read differently.

Most will tell you to get your tune checked when you get a modded car. In my case, I did not as it had only been 6 months since the work and tune was done at a very reputable shop and I had the dyno sheet and receipts.

Guessing you didnt get a dyno sheet? Maybe you can call the shop and they'll have it on file.

I wouldnt increase boost unless you switch to E85.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm running almost the same setup except an x-pipe with cats and magnaflows and my numbers are in my sig. That was on a Mustang dyno that reads just a little under a typical dynojet and I'm seeing 16.8 max boost. I know 4 other guys that have had the same shop tune their Terminators with the same setup and most have been 560-575, so my car did a little better than average. I've seen people post numbers as high as 630whp on a 2.3 Whipple with 3.0 pulley setup and IMO numbers that high equal happy dyno.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm 2.3l whipple - 17/18psi

3.25" LFP Upper with a lower, make 619whp on a dynojet.

Typical mod list : 60# injectors, KB BAP, SCT 2600 MAF, yada yada. When I got the car it made close to 640 but I was running 22 PSI on pump gas! Dropped the boost and I'm happy with the power. Currently sitting at 619 whp.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm 2.3l whipple - 17/18psi

3.25" LFP Upper with a lower, make 619whp on a dynojet.

Typical mod list : 60# injectors, KB BAP, SCT 2600 MAF, yada yada. When I got the car it made close to 640 but I was running 22 PSI on pump gas! Dropped the boost and I'm happy with the power. Currently sitting at 619 whp.

Did you ever race your GF? Or did you guys get rid of her car?

Zemedici

Established Member
Did you ever race your GF? Or did you guys get rid of her car?

havent raced yet, She'd walk me as she's on 20" MT ET Streets, and I'm on some worn out garbage 17" 555rs. However I've got R888s sitting at the house, and once I get those one its showtime :D

Daywalker

Established Member
I'm still trying to figure out how everyone makes 17/18 PSI with the 3" pulley, mine only makes 14.5 with almost the same setup on 91.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
havent raced yet, She'd walk me as she's on 20" MT ET Streets, and I'm on some worn out garbage 17" 555rs. However I've got R888s sitting at the house, and once I get those one its showtime :D

R888's on your daily driver? You must like buying tires and living dangerously in the rain lol.

She has a 675hp kit on the box tune, right? From a 40 roll you should pull.

Zemedici

Established Member
R888's on your daily driver? You must like buying tires and living dangerously in the rain lol.

She has a 675hp kit on the box tune, right? From a 40 roll you should pull.

She's got a 675 rwhp custom dyno tune through my shop. She'd yank me.

And I commute 2.2 miles one way, I'll be alright :lol: I hope....

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm a early gen 1 unit and I peak at almost 20 the hold steady at 19 with a 3.25 and 4lb lower. This is with bassani headers and cattless midpipe. On my boost gauge I only hit 19lbs. The tuners gauge may have read different
As for the r888s, that's what I run on my car, I also don't see rain. But they hook up nice

Will_SVT

Established Member
Yeah same here man I'm currently traveling and won't be back till later December. Return style is definitely in the future. Iv been looking into it. I'm hoping for just at 600 though with my setup. Safe that is. It's not a daily but I still want to feel comfortable ripping on it. Good info

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
605hp/556tq for me on a 91 octane tune.
4lb lower w/3.5" upper
LT's
Catted H
Magnaflow Catback
Accufab TB
JLT RAI
GT Pumps
SVT 2400 MAF (I think)

fireman02

Established Member
My old whipple Cobra w/ stock manifolds & 3.5 upper and 4lb lower on 93oct made 604hp & 560tq at 17.5lbs. With your combo you you should make about the same hp but a little less tq. If I remember right those with lower pulleys tend to make a little more tq at the same boost.

Users who are viewing this thread