2.3 liter 310 HP (link)

paynecasey

Established Member
Link

Looks like a possible survey done by Ford may of happened and the guy lived to tell about it in the link.

2.3 ecoboost with 310 HP sounds sweet.

Lemers

Established Member
All these articles based on this consumer test I've read talk about 3 engines

The V8 (possibly DI)
The V6
The 2.3 4 cyl.

The 2.3 4 cyl has the same HP as the current V6 so other than MPG why would someone pick one over the other?

Would the typical buyer pay more for a 4 banger over a V6? Not sure. The tuner guys may, if they believe there is more to get out of the engine and a huge discount compared to the V8.

But why have 3 engine choices? I speculate the Fird has already decided to use the 2.3 and possibly the V6 in overseas markets and is trying to determine if the 4 cyl or the V6 should be the base engine in the states.

paynecasey

Established Member
All these articles based on this consumer test I've read talk about 3 engines

The V8 (possibly DI)
The V6
The 2.3 4 cyl.

The 2.3 4 cyl has the same HP as the current V6 so other than MPG why would someone pick one over the other?

Would the typical buyer pay more for a 4 banger over a V6? Not sure. The tuner guys may, if they believe there is more to get out of the engine and a huge discount compared to the V8.

But why have 3 engine choices? I speculate the Fird has already decided to use the 2.3 and possibly the V6 in overseas markets and is trying to determine if the 4 cyl or the V6 should be the base engine in the states.

I would think a 2.3 would also benefit in weight reduction and maybe a lower center if gravity. And be more mod friendly.

2.3 I4 > 3.7 V6

I'm still debating on getting an ST but I'm waiting on other options. On the Mustang I'd take the 2.3 over the V6 and V8.

Last edited:

paynecasey

Established Member
2015-Mustang-2.3literEcoBoost.jpg

Supposable this is the best rendering.

goody03

i need more mods
Established Member
I'm hoping ford brings the car to the 2013 NAIAS. I think I would make the drive to go see it

Lemers

Established Member
One of the magazine articles I read was guessing the 2014 New York Auto Show which runs from 29 Mar to 7 Apr. But if Ford is this far along, I'm hoping for maybe a pre-production concept at New York in Apr 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread