2.0 ecoboost fusion problems

Wikkd03

Established Member
I have a 2013 Fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost and recently it's started having an issue. After you drive for a while and then park the car to go to the store or something and then get back in it, it will start to shudder at low speeds and then die. When you restart it it takes a little longer than normal to crank and then it's fine. Also had a problem the other day pulling into traffic I put it to the floor and it fell on its face then took off.

Anyone had a similar issue? Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet

02_Lightning

Established Member
I have a 2013 Fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost and recently it's started having an issue. After you drive for a while and then park the car to go to the store or something and then get back in it, it will start to shudder at low speeds and then die. When you restart it it takes a little longer than normal to crank and then it's fine. Also had a problem the other day pulling into traffic I put it to the floor and it fell on its face then took off.

Anyone had a similar issue? Haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet

Ugh........ The dreaded condensate in the intercooler strikes again! Sorry for your problems- ford has no solution to this condensate problem across the ecoboost lineup.
I would recommend changing the spark plugs right away as your problem should go away. Get new coil boots in there too. The next issue is addressing the condensate build up. Probably need a weep hole in the intercooler. There is tons of success with that!

Wikkd03

Established Member
Ugh........ The dreaded condensate in the intercooler strikes again! Sorry for your problems- ford has no solution to this condensate problem across the ecoboost lineup.
I would recommend changing the spark plugs right away as your problem should go away. Get new coil boots in there too. The next issue is addressing the condensate build up. Probably need a weep hole in the intercooler. There is tons of success with that!

Awesome. Thanks!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome. Thanks!!

seriously, Id go find a board with more fusion people and try to verify the issue. 02_Lightning is the biggest echoboost hater on the board. The hard start when warm doesnt sound like a spark plug issue to me

Users who are viewing this thread