(1st post) Intro + 2003 Cobra Info

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
6239534797_2967e2b911.jpg

New here,

Just wanted to make an appearance and introduce myself (I've been meaning to do so for the past month or so since I got my 03 Terminator). Always looking to make some new connections and gather good information. I'll be give some background info about me so skip past it for the details and photos

A little bit about me - 21 y/o born and raised in Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area). Currently I'm working and going to school full time. I grew up with Mustangs (Dad had both an auto '87 Gray Foxbody Hatchback and a '98 White Vert GT) and I soon got my own white '97 GT w/ MT. With the 97 it was really just a first car (although I did get into some trouble and acquired 3 points on my record). I bought it with a cracked windshield, dented door and chipped paint but for $3600 & 125k miles it was a first car and I loved it. Did the usual highschool shit to it on a Best Buy budget - a soundsystem (~1300 watts, deck & dynamat) installed by myself.

Just recently did a wash, clay bar and wax - here are the pics (they are touched up in Photoshop a little): 2003 Cobra - a set on Flickr

6239535521_2eb9618b79.jpg

6239534199_42d210c105.jpg

6240052992_fbc21911d9.jpg

6240053650_1e357f16af.jpg

6240054546_6e67970359.jpg

6239538981_dc9f10a064.jpg

About the Terminator - I can really thank some shitty dealership in LA for never calling me back about a Mach 1 I was going to buy! I saw this posting on CraigsList one weekend shortly after and even though I knew it was way out of my budget it was the one. Apparently the previous owner had AutoCross as his hobby. Here's the low-down from the CL post:

2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
44,000 miles
-2.8 Supercharger Pulley
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-3.73 Gears
-Steeda shifter
-Hypertech Max Energy Tuner
-JBA Shorty Headers
-BBK X-Pipe
-Steeda Sport Springs
-Maximum Motorsports front and rear poly sway bar bushings with rear sway bar end link kit
-Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt caster/ camber plates
-Maximum Motorsports aluminum steering rack bushings
-Maximum Motorsports lower 4 point k-member brace
-HP subframe connectors
-Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace
-Kenny Brown 6 point street cage
-Steeda rear subframe poly bushings
-Steeda rear differential cover brace
-Maximum Motorsports rear differential poly bushing kit
-Maximum Motorsports rear toe bar complete kit
-Braided stainless steel brake lines
-Brembo slotted brake rotors
-Mccleod twin disc clutch
-Steeda adjustable clutch cable kit
-Fidanza aluminum flywheel

I have to say, going from the 97 GT to the 03 Terminator with these mods is QUITE a difference. Anytime its a bad day I think about this beast and how I can spin the tires at 50mph. With my commute she's just a weekend warrior but it makes the week go by & the payments well worth it.

Glad to join the forums, even though I'll probably be lurking most of the time.

Last edited:

dsmith26

Established Member
Welcome! Looks like you got a built ride. Congrats bro, looks clean.

.....and like they said, please don't call it that....

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member
Can't beat that cobra at only 21 years old. Looks like a clean car just ditch the shorties and go mid-length or long tubes. Over all it sounds like a sweet set up and a clean ride. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Great purchase OP! I came from a 97 stock cobra to mine and what a difference! I love the color! Have fun!!

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
Can't beat that cobra at only 21 years old. Looks like a clean car just ditch the shorties and go mid-length or long tubes. Over all it sounds like a sweet set up and a clean ride. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

Oh I got it at a pretty decent price - $20k :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on finding your Terminator, and it looks like a nice one! Great mods, too!

Oh, and welcome to SVTPerformance. :)

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
great choice, that thing is clean and gorgeous. welcome to the club!

Users who are viewing this thread