1st post ever, What can I do to an '02 Stage 1 Roush?

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I got a really good deal on it with a discount from work. It is the V8 version with cold-air induction, sidepipes, short throw shifter, and 250# downforce spoiler, 17" inch wheels and crap I missed. It almost doesn't look like a Mustang and people ask about it every time I park it somewhere. It's faster than I'll ever need but if I ever get bored I'd like to know what my options are. I would have to have a shop do all of it because I live in a condo and car work is not permitted and none of my friends or family have the resources either.

I originally test drove a Bullitt and an '02 GT but this was much quicker and handled better than the other two. I was gonna go with an '01 or lower Cobra but the Stage 1 is comparable to them and looks more unique. It sounds so bad ass when driving on the highway. It's all about the purr baby!

BTW I'd propably never race anyone but take it to the quarter mile or RaceAmerica to learn how to drive it better ;-)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
To my understanding, the Stage one is a GT that Roush has tweaked a bit. It doesn't have a SC. Just a few minor tweaks from Roush.

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm asking since I'm not real sure about the Stage designations. I think Stage 3 is the SC version.

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
In march I was looking at them and the stage 1's I looked at were all V6's and the stage 2's were 4.6's N/A and the stage 3's were the one's with a S/C.

StangD281

Established Member
Raced a Stage I....toasted him. Wasn't even close.
Saw a Stage II...it had a Vortech on it, but the owner said it was a shade quicker than the stock GT (less the Vortech obviously).
Stage III...6psi roots blower, capable of 12.45 in the 1/4 with Evan Smith behind the wheel. Also, $50,000.

If I had the Stage II like you, I would be blower shopping. Just my 2 cents worth, though.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Raced a Stage I....toasted him. Wasn't even close

Still trying to figure out why you said that. The difference between a Stage 1 and a GT is mostly suspension and cosmetics unless you option for CAI or a short throw shifter. If you beat him really bad it was because your car was modded more or he just plain sucked because the Roush is a GT with different ground effects unless you option for engine mods. Just so you know.

BTW the mods I'm going with are a 3:73 rear end and aluminum drive shaft along with a S\C when Roush descides to release thiers. The car is faster than I'll ever need it right now but a little more won't hurt.:xpl:

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker

Still trying to figure out why you said that. The difference between a Stage 1 and a GT is mostly suspension and cosmetics unless you option for CAI or a short throw shifter. If you beat him really bad it was because your car was modded more or he just plain sucked
Modded more ;-)

His car looked nice, but his claim was that mine was "just a GT" :nono: So I told him it looked nice in my rearview too

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
The idiot doesn't deserve to drive the Roush then. He didn't even bother to find out what was under his own hood. I hope he felt really stupid.

BTW what have you done to it?

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
The idiot doesn't deserve to drive the Roush then. He didn't even bother to find out what was under his own hood. I hope he felt really stupid.

BTW what have you done to it?
"I'll never tell....." ;-)

Check your PM

Users who are viewing this thread