1st NA 2011+ Mustang 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I took my DD 6 speed manual '11 3.7 Mustang to the track rental at MIR on 9/24/12. I was able to make the first 12 second pass by a NA '11+ 3.7 V6. My best pass was a 12.91 @ 106.49 MPH. This time eclipsed the old record of 13.02 set with an automatic trans '11 3.7 Mustang.

Here is a nice video my son put together of my runs:

[youtube_browser]mW5ac8qRNwE&feature[/youtube_browser]

Here are the timeslips from the day:

IMAG0277-1.jpg

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Nice! I bet you could get that down even more with some adjustable shocks and struts,

Mike

Yes, I think those would help the car. It would cut down on some of the bounciness.

and what is a hybrid tune???

It combines the low end and mid range of their street and performance tunes with the top end of their race tune. It is a very nice overall package!

BOSS2664

Established Member
Dang! that 3.7 is a beast! Love the video! Makes me want to buy a V6 to play with at the track.
oops, forgot to say congrats!

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
get some 15" wheels on it and launch higher

I already had the 17's left over from my '11 GT.

thats awesome!!!!!!congrats!!!

I agree, that's awesome..:banana:

Dang! that 3.7 is a beast! Love the video! Makes me want to buy a V6 to play with at the track.
oops, forgot to say congrats!

The V6 makes for a great DD and it has been very fun at the track too. I have been surprised at how much interest they generate when me and my son ('12 V6) take them to the track!

CharlieR

Established Member
Very nice. Congrats.

I think with a couple hundred more launch RPM that in the 12 sec run you just might find your "best". Didn't fall on its face but still looked like it bogged down on the leave a little.

Again Congrats.

Bud

Established Member
Congrats! Amazing that a 6 car at sea level runs much faster times than a GT up here at elevation. These new 6's are pretty awesome.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Congrats this new V6 stangs are killer.

Man, I didn't know that was you, I would have come by to say hi. The car looked and ran awesome, congrats.

Thanks Jay :beer:

I saw your car, but never saw you that day either.

Very nice. Congrats.

I think with a couple hundred more launch RPM that in the 12 sec run you just might find your "best". Didn't fall on its face but still looked like it bogged down on the leave a little.

Again Congrats.

Yes, there is still room for improvement on the launch!

Congrats! Amazing that a 6 car at sea level runs much faster times than a GT up here at elevation. These new 6's are pretty awesome.

Thanks!!

Elevation is a killer!!

Just wanted to say congrats!

Congratulations! :beer: Those V6's are impressive engines!

Very nice!! Congrats!!! I wanted to b at the 5.0 shootout the other day but couldn't afford it.
Sweet runs!!!!

The track rentals are kind of pricey, but I really enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the fact that when you are ready to make a pass there is no waiting in the staging lanes!!

Users who are viewing this thread