1st Gen Coyote Vs 18 Camaro SS

Tubra

Established Member
Mods in Sig. I had just finished a round of maintenance and was driving around town when a blue 18 Camaro SS came up behind me after weaving around traffic. Dude was posturing, revving, etc. We lined up at a light and I figured I had a pretty good chance since he had a manual. I was able to flash the stock tq. converter a bit as the light hit green and got a good launch, and only slight spin on the 1-2 shift. I got a car length out of the gate on him that he never recovered from. I slowed down to try and talk to him but he got behind me all of a sudden and did a turn of shame of onto the nearest street he could find, he didn't look very happy in my rear view. I drove by the local Chevy dealership and saw him there a few minutes later hanging around. I'm pretty sure it would have been a different outcome if it had been an auto.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
125769_0.jpg

SixPak

Established Member
Mods in sig
I have had a couple encounters with 6gen Camaros and come out on top both times. First one was a few years back when they first came out. Car still had the window sticker on it. We roll raced three times from 60-120ish and I pulled him each time. I want to say it was an auto, but I really don't recall for sure.
Had a black one roll up on me just last week and wanted to play. He was an auto and had done some exhaust work is all I could tell. We went from 40-140 and it came out the same way. I gave him the hit and he got about a fender on me but by 120 or so I had reeled him in and put half a car on him. When I got out of it he flew on by, no wave or thumbs up and didn't slow down. I suspect I'm not the first Mustang to spank his ass. LOL! We were both alone in our cars, and I had about a quarter tank of gas in the car.
It takes mods for first gen coyotes to hang with or better yet, beat on 6gens.

Users who are viewing this thread