1st 9 second 2018 Mustang GT

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I apologize if repost BUT--

Have you guys seen this?

It's mind boggling what is already happening with the '18 Coyote mustang.

Below car is a 10sp auto car with the Procharger HO kit (p1x) along with DW 95 lb injectors, a boost a pump, and cat deletes. It is otherwise stock!

Damn thing has gone 9s and 142 mph!

142 mph is effing bonkers! Wow.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That definitely is bonkers!
142MPH is no joke either. That's getting the mail out there.

BV600

Established Member
Eh not impressed, been done on the previous coyote generations. Just seems normal now for boosted coyotes to run 9s.

MG0h3

Established Member
Its impressive but I'm not blown away, the previous gens were doing it. Spend 6k on a stock showroom car and run 9s. Not sure if we can really improve that without getting crazy.

One of the main things, other than the blower, was the torque converter on the previous gens. Like stated, that 60 isn't all that spectacular for the trap/ET. I'm sure they'll knock a few tenths off.

BV600

Established Member
2011-2017 boost-converter-good weather-9s no sweat.
2018 improved coyote plus 10spd auto. No brainer especially in February

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
from the comments above it seems ur car has tp be an 8 second car now to impress anyone. 9's aint fast enough lol smh wow tough crowd!

I guess its hard to please. Seeing the fact that it takes more than just a blower and even thoe its and auto it still takes some skill to get a good launch and make sure it stays straight down the way.

MG0h3

Established Member
I don't think anybody isn't impressed. But am I surprised at all? No. It would be a fail if a blower, fuel, and tires wouldn't do it. Not really even impressed that the auto doesn't need a converter.

And I heard the two step but I remember seeing a video about a drag setting or something. Was that factory?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don't think anybody isn't impressed. But am I surprised at all? No. It would be a fail if a blower, fuel, and tires wouldn't do it. Not really even impressed that the auto doesn't need a converter.

And I heard the two step but I remember seeing a video about a drag setting or something. Was that factory?

There was a member in this thread that said they were not impressed.

Its more than a blower tires a fuel.

Its a 2 step for sure. I would guess that its not factory listening to it.

MG0h3

Established Member
^ah ok. Well I guess I just was expecting 9s with these mods.

I think Sid or editor turner or whatever posted the video about the 60'. I swear there was a drag setting but ya, factory two step costs 100k...

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
any car with 9 second power is downright ****ing dangerous on the street!

I guess I can see why ppl would say a car going 9's is old news cause yea I guess its more common now then ever before but street cars being driven to the track and going 9's is pretty freakn rare!

and if ur car is doing that then ur shit is ****ing fast period! race cars are common to go 9's but not street cars driven to the track. no way is that common yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What you are guys are missing is the lack of a converter on a CENTRI car.

On previous gen Coyote cars only the PD blower cars could get away without running a converter. The Turbo guys and Centri guys always needed one.

Car in the video above has stock drivetrain. Believe it has factory 3.73 gears too.

Pretty bad ass.

I was just on autotrader.com and you can already get a base auto 2018 GT for bottom 30's before fees.

Crazy deal right there!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
This car traps higher than the record holder Dodge demon.
Ya ya, comparing modded to stock, I wonder which car will get to 8s first. LOL, i think we already know the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread