1BAD96SVT's build thread - 11/11 forged motor

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I have never had any issues with my setup at all even before the built motor,or before i ever knew chris.Blower has been on the car since 08 and i have not once ever thrown a belt.So i don't completely understand what you are trying to say.I know chris didn't have any issues as well.

Easy way= Swapping a head unit to your existing bracket and adding a few washer to spacer out the blower so the belt rides properly.

Not so easy way= Dismounting everything and starting from scratch.

Chris is game, he has been telling me along time ago that this was the way to go and actually wants to do a custom setup. Maybe this time i have explained myself better.

correct me if I'm wrong- but isn't the majority of this thread about the build of your car and the adversity of getting it where it's at? and no you don't just put a f1a on your existing bracket- you would get bracket flex out the ass, even with the extra bracing you have. don't take me wrong I mean no offense what so ever. kudos to you for never stopping

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Thread is is titled forged motor build,not procharger or procharger issue build.Clearly because there never was.But yes we did go over the kit to try and make it better and less complicated.No offense taken,just stating the facts.

Car made the same power and 16lbs with and without screen.I was only running the screen to prevent anything from being sucked in on the street.lol

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Thread is is titled forged motor build,not procharger or procharger issue build.Clearly because there never was.But yes we did go over the kit to try and make it better and less complicated.No offense taken,just stating the facts.

Car made the same power and 16lbs with and without screen.I was only running the screen to prevent anything from being sucked in on the street.lol

very interesting to know- thanks for doing that btw.

95PGTTech

Established Member
encased - yes and no. my frustration primarily with this car was the guy that built the motor - six months, way over budget, and having issues that I have to clean up after the fact. that, and when you break down total effort in versus profit made, I would probably have been better off getting a second job at McD. LOL.

it's my own fault - take on too big of projects, charge too little - that's not Mike's fault. I'm trying to finish up a Fox by the end of this month and then I have a build very similar to do (car has built motor, adding suspension, fuel system, Hellion) so I will have a very accurate gauge on how much time it is going to take, pitfalls of stuff I don't like about the kits, how much to charge to maintain the low prices people come to me for but also to make enough money my wife stops telling me to stop working on other people's cars.

In the end, it is what it is. You forget the long hours, the frustration, the money, the heartbreak when your customer calls you and tells you their brand new motor is a dud. I still have a ton of pics from the time he dropped it off with the dud to getting it running again but between work and the Fox I have little time to do anything other than eat and sleep.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
encased - yes and no. my frustration primarily with this car was the guy that built the motor - six months, way over budget, and having issues that I have to clean up after the fact. that, and when you break down total effort in versus profit made, I would probably have been better off getting a second job at McD. LOL.

it's my own fault - take on too big of projects, charge too little - that's not Mike's fault. I'm trying to finish up a Fox by the end of this month and then I have a build very similar to do (car has built motor, adding suspension, fuel system, Hellion) so I will have a very accurate gauge on how much time it is going to take, pitfalls of stuff I don't like about the kits, how much to charge to maintain the low prices people come to me for but also to make enough money my wife stops telling me to stop working on other people's cars.

In the end, it is what it is. You forget the long hours, the frustration, the money, the heartbreak when your customer calls you and tells you their brand new motor is a dud. I still have a ton of pics from the time he dropped it off with the dud to getting it running again but between work and the Fox I have little time to do anything other than eat and sleep.

totally understand- it was a year and week between when I tore into my car and when I put it back on the road- between doing a renegade setup from scratch and tuning the car myself-I'm a little burned out on it. great stuff in here though.

95PGTTech

Established Member
totally understand- it was a year and week between when I tore into my car and when I put it back on the road- between doing a renegade setup from scratch and tuning the car myself-I'm a little burned out on it. great stuff in here though.

on my personal car, I think I'm at 3 years and counting. or should I say my wife's car? I hear about it at least once a week. one of these days I'm going to tell customers they have to wait a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread