1999 SVT Contour

vertmustang98gt

Established Member
On Friday I will be looking to buy a 99 SVT Contour, the car is selling for quite the deal 2200 OBO. Judging by the pictures he had when he bought the buy before him previously didn't take care of thing as much as he should have. I was just wondering other than the normal things a person does before looking at cars is their anything specific about these cars I should look into that I usually wouldn't in other cars? Thanks.

mnewxcv

Established Member
check out contour.org for all the info you want and then some. things to look for are check engine lights for precats (p0420/p0430), overheating evidence/water pump, broken springs sometimes, cant think of anything else off the top of my head, but pretty much give a good going over like any other car. just be careful of the check engine light is on, when i bought mine, it had 4 codes.

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
check out contour.org for all the info you want and then some. things to look for are check engine lights for precats (p0420/p0430), overheating evidence/water pump, broken springs sometimes, cant think of anything else off the top of my head, but pretty much give a good going over like any other car. just be careful of the check engine light is on, when i bought mine, it had 4 codes.

+1

Yeah these cars can be money pits if they weren't taken decent care of... When I bought mine, the PO gave me a huge packet of service receipts and info he had done on the car over the years. Great stuff to have, but the packet was as thick as a college textbook...:lol1:
But overall great DD and fun to drive.
Good Luck

vertmustang98gt

Established Member
If anyone cares, the car was a true lemon. Thank goodness I didn't buy it. I was test driving it and I was just checking for starter problems after I had driven it on the freeway and thing after I stopped and tried to turn it off and on, it died. It had to be towed by the owner, close call for me.

Users who are viewing this thread