1999 SVT Contour GREEN W/TAN RARE! 53K original miles

00SVTC

Established Member
I am considering selling my 99 T-green SVT. I purchased the car in April 08 because I had sold both my other SVT's and didn't have my 3L completed yet. I used it for 2 trips (including Carlisle) and put a bunch of miles on it quickly. I am the second owner, and I purchased it from a Ford dealer with 45k on it. It now has 53k on.

The car is near perfect, I had to fix the dash warp, replace the headlight switch trim panel, change a DPFE sensor, and I got a re-flash from Ford for a P0420 code. The body is a 9.8/10, the only bad part being a scrape on the lower bumper right at the corner (like most SVT's have) that is barely noticeable . Paint is perfect, no dings or scatches, interior is very clean, even the headlights are original and perfect. The previous owner just put new OEM BFG tires on it and the dealer put new front brakes on it before I bought it, so they are like 85% left. I don't have any pictures right now, but I will post some up after a wash/wax. I have a carfax available for it.

I don't need to sell it, I just don't have much use for it since i have the 3L running strong and I just purchased a pickup truck, therefore my price is firm at $6500. The car is located in MA near Springfield. There are a bunch of NE-CEG peeps who can confirm the condition of this car. It is one of the few left in this color and in this shape.

Remember, there were ONLY 700 green svt's made for only 2 years! this could become a valuable collectible.

00SVTC

Established Member
I have only seen one Trop Green SVT Contour "live" ever; your numbers must be accurate. Bring on the pics!

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_SVT_Contour]Ford SVT Contour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

503 in 99 and 207 in 00 for a total of 710.

Its been raining here for the last couple weeks, so hopefully this weekend i can get it out of the garage, cleaned up, and snap so pictures

00SVTC

Established Member
DSC01383Medium.gif

DSC01385Medium.gif

DSC01386Medium.gif

DSC01389Medium.gif

DSC01390Medium.gif

DSC01391Medium.gif

DSC01392Medium.gif

DSC01393Medium.gif

DSC01394Medium.gif

DSC01395Medium.gif

I got a chance to wash it real quick. Still haven't clayed it and waxed it, so this isn't even its full potential!

here are some more

DSC01396Medium.gif

DSC01397Medium.gif

DSC01398Medium.gif

DSC01399Medium.gif

DSC01400Medium.gif
[/

Stevarino8

Established Member
I would not call them ugly but Ford really should have dressed them up more. CD Silver-like sparkles in that green hue and the bolder five spoke SVT Focus wheels would have made it stand out!

Stevarino8

Established Member
Whoa, the prior owner must have been a little old lady only driving it to church and grocery shopping errands! You must still have the original clutch in that thing with her only going to church and all.

Stevarino8

Established Member
A Mystichrome paint job like the 2003/2004 SVT Mustangs would look sharp in this Tropic Green instance. I saw one of those SVTs in town last week; on a sunny day it is a real head turner. The SVT Contour needs more pizzazz to match its performance--keep the car just get that paint job!

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
You've got my attention...

Is it bone stock, as far as you can tell? I wouldn't mind seeing some more interior pics as well.

Last edited:

Smokinjoe

Established Member
Yes, this car is gone. I called on it a few months ago before I got my lightning.

Looks like a great car. I would love to have it for DD.

Users who are viewing this thread