1999 Mustang GT-R??

Orange Poison

Established Member
Ok...there's this old friend that I ran into the other day and he has what appears to me a 1999 Black on Black Mustang GT convertible.

But get this....Normally where the "GT" emblems go on the side front fenders and on the rear trunk lid....he has these GT R emblems instead. The "R" on the emblem is red and is underneath the GT

He further tells me that this model is a special "rare" Rousch edition. Now I normally know what Rousch Mustangs look like....but this one appears to be a normal GT Mustang to me:shrug:

Was there ever a Mustang GTR, or are these emblems on his car just bogus??

Thanks

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
You can order those GT R emblems from any 5.0L Magazine...They have been around for quite some time now...The GT R does not exist...Until this Prototype they have been showing around lately..

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Dude, your friend went to autozone or pepboys and bought that sticker for like $3. Tell him if he lies to you again you're gonna beat his ass. Like 28 said, the only GT-R is the prototype that shows the new body style.

And just an FYI, if it has an "R" in it, chances are it won't have power windows, locks, etc, like the cobra R's. It's for racing.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by 808PlayBoy
i believe the only year they made Gt-R's was actually in 95 no other years.

Modular owners:rollseyes

Cobra R's, 93,95,00

The had a GTS in 95', no power anything, 5.0 mustang
And in 96' they had an option, I forgot the name of it, for a bottom of the line 4.6 liter mustang.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
That GTR sticker is from a skyline. Yep off of a nissan. Tell him to stop spending so much time at autozone its warped his mind.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
There is no such thing as a GT-R mustang. There is a cobra R, but no GT-R. The guy is ****in' with you or is a retard.

As poop said, the only R models were made in 93 (red), 95 (white), and 00 (red). These were not GT-R's, but Cobra R's. They had no radio, A/C, or backseats.

GodStang

Established Member
There is a guy in MM&FF about 2 months ago in the very back that has these emblems on his car. He talks about how his is a GT-R Clone? I was like you are cloning something that does not exsit?

Mustang_11

Actually there was a run of 21 made in 2003 by a delaership in vancouver called brown brothers only 2 convertibles were made and only 1 was black they had cobra wheels and other modifications to the motor and suspension components of the car

Users who are viewing this thread