1999 cobra for sale 59k miles procharger supercharged

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Asking $12,000 obo

Please read description before replying:

Pm me if interested please

This car has been babied and is in phenomenal condition.
I am the second owner of the car and have owned it since it had 12,000 miles on it on 2001.
The car has always been properly stored in the winter time every single year

Recently this summer my car started getting a ticking sound from the engine.
I had it looked at by two mechanics and by the sounds of it I broke a wrist pin in cylinder 8 which is the cylinder closest to the driver side steering wheel.
The compression reads roughly 10-15% lower than all the other pistons which are around 80% each.
I have been told that it will likely need an engine rebuild because of that.
Ultimately finding the problem will not be known until the actual engine is pulled out and taken apart.
The car has a stock bottom end with a pro charger P1SC blower which pushes anywhere from 4 to 6 pounds of boost.

This would be a great project for somebody that would end up rebuilding the motor regardless and putting all forged internals in it and then upping the boost on the blower.

Mods:
Mac Pro chamber w cat back
18” rep. saleen rims w near new tires all around 295/35 rear n 255/40/18 front
Solid axle w frpp 3:73 gear
Steeda upper and lower control arms
B&m short throw shifter
OEM Saleen wing /4 old holes on deck lid from old wing
Auto meter gages on a-pillar oil,boost, fuel

Cruise control cable snapped so must be replaced if you would like it to work again

Car has only been driven roughly 35 miles since the ticking sound has happened and has been stored till I find a new owner.
It starts right up beautifully and drives normally

IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG

Read Less

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice ride man. But ill be honest, you would be better off getting the motor fixed. Gonna be a stretch getting 14k with a hurt motor.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Nice ride man. But ill be honest, you would be better off getting the motor fixed. Gonna be a stretch getting 14k with a hurt motor.

Yeah I don’t have time to get it fixed or the energy
I figure it’ll be a great project for somebody to build a motor anyways with forged internals and then the car will be great with the blower run it over

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
With the hurt motor, that's more of a $8k car as-is even then it will be tough getting someone to spend that much unless they're able to take on repairs themselves.

My old boosted GT had a ticking issue after missing a shift and it turned out to be a bent rod. If you have low compression in that one cylinder, im willing to bet you have the same problem.

It's very clean otherwise.

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I agree with the others that have replied ,99-01 cobras don't bring g a lot of money to begin with even with upgrades lime you have done . It is a very nice looking car .
With that many miles , It would be hard to believe you have a wrist pin issue .

triple-s

Established Member
You're best bet is to sell the blower kit separate from the car. No one well at least no one on this forum is going to pay 14 for the car with a hurt motor even to build it up. The p1 kit can get you maybe 2600-2800 and the car maybe 6-8k.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Yup I appreciate all the replies and yeah I don’t have any time to do any kind of modification or tweaks to the car that’s why I’m just selling it as is and somebody else can take on it make make the necessary rebuild to make it running smooth again and then they would have a great car out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Yup I appreciate all the replies and yeah I don’t have any time to do any kind of modification or tweaks to the car that’s why I’m just selling it as is and somebody else can take on it make make the necessary rebuild to make it running smooth again and then they would have a great car out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I appreciate all the replies and that’s why I’m basically asking 12,000 or best offer
I’m aware that the car is worth 8k on the high end as everything is basically in immaculate condition including brand new tires on top of it all.
Yes I’m aware I can basically get around $2500 for the supercharger so yes it’s a great project if someone’s just willing to take on it themselves.
This car had been babied since I had it as all of you have been noticing LOL

Users who are viewing this thread