1999 - 2001 Cobra Differences

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Shamrock said:
I have a 99 cobra with a WAC block should I be worried?

If I had a WAP block I would attempt to find out if the engine has ever been replaced. Usually you can call the dealership you bought the car from (if you bought at a dealership) and request a report (not a carfax) that tells you any kind of service your car has recieved. If you can't through the dealership you could try calling SVT and finding out that way.

Last edited:

Shamrock

Established Member
Boss75 said:
If I had a WAP block I would attempt to find out if the engine has ever been replaced. Usually you can call the dealership you bought the car from (if you bought at a dealership) and request a report (not a carfax) that tells you any kind of service your car has recieved. If you can't through the dealership you could try calling SVT and finding out that way.

Well car fax said no wreck. I believe the engine was replaced without insurance getting involved. I can see subtle differences between different shades of black on the car not due to exposure just due to repainted section. O well lighter block and I don't expect to go over 800 hp

J-Cobra

Blown and Lovin' It!!!
Established Member
32ValveRom said:
I guess I'm the only one in this world who has not had "the fix" on a 99 cobra that needed it.

I'm going out to look under the hood now.......:eek:

I'll let you now shortly....

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Question:

1. Teksid block or WAP ? Whats the difference PROS/CONS?
2. T45 or T3650? I know the T45 stock on all GT's? Whats the diff?

gar4pt6

Established Member
saleenfiend17 said:
Question:

1. Teksid block or WAP ? Whats the difference PROS/CONS?
2. T45 or T3650? I know the T45 stock on all GT's? Whats the diff?

i have the same question anybody know????

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
1. Block doesn't really matter unless you wanna push more than 1000hp, then use the teksid.

2. T45 is usually regarded as the better transmission by far than the 3650, and the T56 is better than both.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
The WAP block will hold a lot of horsepower. Upwards of 800, 900+. If you want to make more than that just get a teksid. It's the internals that are the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread