1998 SVT contour for sale

mnewxcv

Established Member
Decided its time for something new finally. It has been a good 3 years with my car, but I want something a little bit different now. It is #5314, an E1, and is in good condition. Has a sony cd player, aftermarket speakers, and a moonroof. Just rolled 138k miles (10/16/11). I have never had a major problem with it, but have 90% of all the work that has been done to it since I got it, with the exception of an oil change receipt or two that have gone missing, including tie rod and wheel bearing replacement, brake work, 2 brand new tires this summer, and a belt tensioner. I have always cared for the exterior of the car myself, using quality wash products, though it has never been polished and has some swirls in the sun. For its age, I think it looks very good inside and out, with a few rock chips on the hood and bumper, to be expected. Interior is in excellent condition.

The engine is strong and starts right up, the trans shifts great without grind. With a car this old, it could use a little tlc, ebrake cable sticks, suspension is worn, motor mounts are worn, minor coolant hose leak, rev hang, etc, but nothing keeps this from being a daily driver as it is, and it should pass a safety inspection just fine. The car does have gutted pre cats and MIL eliminators, and the main cat may have gone bad, so depending where you get it inspected, it may or not pass emissions. In MA, a sniffer is not required, and it passes just fine. No check engine lights are on or have been since the pre cats were gutted.

I am really sad to see this go, but I hope it can go to someone who can get as much fun out of it as I did. Please feel free to contact me and I will get back to you as soon as I can to arrange a time to meet.

car is in:
Centerville, MA 02632
if interested, please PM me here or email me at [email protected], and please leave a phone number and hours to reach you

ed889709.jpg

b970a194.jpg

mnewxcv

Established Member
up to 143k and probably going to need a couple rear tires for inspection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread