1998 Mustang Cobra For Sale - Rare

steedacobra

Established Member
1998 Mustang Cobra For Sale - Rare- SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT TO SELL THIS CAR ASAP
Presenting a RARE Opportunity to Own a
One-of-a-Kind, Genuine, Certified,
Serial Numbered
1998 Steeda Mustang Cobra!
#98-009
This one-owner car has had a pampered 53,348 mile life.
Paint is in excellent condition with less than normal “wear & tear”. Car is a 9 out of 10 Light scratches on a few areas of the car (from time in storage) and it has some rock chips on the front.
Interior is pretty much perfect no stains, rips and never smoked in; the back seat has been used maybe 15 times.
All electronics, A/C are in working order.
Car was purchased in Oct. 1998 (NEW)
From Ken Marks Ford in Clearwater, FL. It was shipped unseen to Steeda Autosports in Pompano Beach, Fl. To become an Actual Steeda Certified and Serial Numbered Car.
I Took Delivery of the car at Steeda Autosports on Oct. 18th 1998. This was the first car to sit on their showroom floor along with the ’95 Steeda Cobra R race car. The Car had 170 miles on it when I took delivery.
The car is finished in breathtaking Laser Red over Black leather. It features Steeda’s SideWinder graphics package with 3-D color Steeda logo wheel emblems.
The Car features two Steeda serial number plates one in the engine bay and one on the dash near the gear shift.
This car was tuned on Steeda’s chassis dyno and produces over 450 rear wheel horsepower. That’s 530+ horsepower at the motor! For comparison the 505 hp Corvette Z06 makes around 430 rear wheel horsepower.
Here is a rundown of the cars assets.
· 4.6 L 32 Valve V8
· Vortech V1 S-Trim Supercharger (Rebuilt 100 miles ago by Vortech)
· Steeda 3.33 Supercharger Pulley
· Pro-M 77mm Mass Air
· T-rex fuel pump
· Steeda/ Ford Hi-Performance Wires
· Steeda Sport Springs
· Steeda (4130) Alloy Strut Tower Brace
· Steeda Sub-Frame Connectors
· Steeda Aluminum Lower Control Arms
· Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Control Arms
· Steeda/K&N Filtercharger
· Bassani X-Pipe (2 high-flow cats)
· Auto Meter “Phantom” Fuel & Boost Press. White Face Gauges
· Steeda Billet Aluminum Short Shifter
· Steeda Shift Handle
· Steeda Drilled Aluminum Pedals
· Steeda Floor mats
· Steeda Race Wing
· Steeda/ Superchips Custom Tuned Computer
· NEW Sparkplugs
· MSD Digital 4 System (removed, included)
· Hawk Performance Brake pads (new set of rear pads come w/ car)
· Steeda 3-D rear emblem
· 245/45 front 275/40 rear Kumho tires on Stock 98 Cobra Wheels W/ 3-D Steeda center caps
· Factory Wing, Springs and Shifter included
· Steeda Documents
· Steeda Dyno Report (433.1rwhp, 372.4rwtq)Before x-pipe and retune.
· Original Order Paperwork
· All books and Manuals
· Amsoil been used since 10,000 miles
This car was one of very few to be invited to
5.0 Mustang Magazine 1st Annual
“King of the Street” competition, it did not attend but the invitation will be included with the car.
Here are the only negatives on the car:
It has two keys, only one starts the car, the other needs to be programmed to the car.
In early 1999 it was rear ended at a red light at very low speed with only cosmetic (slow impact). Rear bumper cover and front bumper cover were repainted by a body shop that works on 90% Exotics (Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche) and restorations.
There are some light surface scratches around the car the only noticeable being on the drivers door not bad at all and a few rock chips; the very front of the passenger side SideWinder decal has a small rip in it. See pictures
About the car:
I was looking for a high performance car in early 1998. After ruling out Corvettes, Cameros I looked into Saleen Mustangs, I went to Sarasota Ford ready to buy a black supercharged 351 until I learned the dealership would only take me for a ride not allowing me to drive the car. Frustrated I ended up on the phone with Steeda and learned of their Serial Numbered cars. I told them I wanted a car built to out run the 351 Saleen, and Steeda #98-009 was born. 1998 was the last year Steeda cars were produced in low numbers as in 1999 Steeda built spec cars for a growing number of Ford dealers selling Steeda cars. To the best of my knowledge only about 15 cars were built in 1998, in 1999 that number shot up to over 100 cars and grows every year.
This is a TRUE COLLECTABLE and ONE OF A KIND CAR.
This car has never been abused, never seen a drag strip and still has the original clutch that is as tight as day one. That tells you how much this car has been babied. It is so very powerful but retains its stock drivability, could be used as a daily driver. Whoever buys this car will fall in love with it the way I did and will realize this car is everything I’ve described and more.
I will help in anyway I can with transporting the car, although all costs involved with transporting the car to the new owner lies with the new owner.

Payment will be accepted in the form of personal/business check, bank draft or wire transfer (car and title will not be released or transferred until all funds have been verified by my bank).

Any questions from qualified and serious buyers may contact me at 727-599-3150

Car is located in Clermont, FL just outside of Orlando, FL.

Thank you for considering my car, good luck and God bless.

Asking 18,500 obo

No trades please

Please contact me if you would like pics and I will email them to you.

Last edited:

red9450

Established Member
still cant believe this car has not sold. It is a beautiful car, and worth every penny. bump

roush24

Established Member
Your going to have to post some pics of this beauty on here if you want it to sell. Sounds like a beauty car. Im sorry to hear about how your experience went with Saleen. They are still my favorite though followed closely by roush in 2nd. Hope to see some pics of this beautiful steeda up soon.

steedacobra

Established Member
This site only lets you post pics that are all ready hosted on the web. I dont have any pics hosted anywhere of my car. If anyone knows another way to post the pics please let me know and I will post them.

thanks

mustang_shelby

Established Member
COBRAMAINresize.jpg

cobrafrontresize.jpg

GAUGES.jpg

ENGINEresize.jpg

steedacobra

Established Member
Thank You So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we have pictures, Just a note: these pics were taken as the car just came out of storage so the car had not been detailed and therefore not at its best looking.

Thanks again

Last edited:

steedacobra

Established Member
I have been getting offers in the 15,000 range. as I will consider all offers, I am looking to get a little more than 15-16,000.

Thanks

steedacobra

Established Member
Also I will include a 2.00 CT Diamond Tennis Bracelet and a pair of .50ct Diamond Earrings

with the car. send me your offers.

also the car will be at the Fantasy of Flight Show, April 5th in Central FL. I will have the Title and ready to sell the car!

Users who are viewing this thread