1998 DOHC Cobra Motor, Clutch, T-45

9BABCobra8

Established Member
Complete 1998 Running DOHC Cobra, pan to throttle body engine (137k), clutch, newer (<30k) T-45 transmission, and driveshaft + crossmember. Without wiring harness or vacuum tubing and fittings.
This motor is completely stock with the only mods being under drive pullies and a SCT tune.

The compression on each cylinder were as follows [7/3/2010]:

1-190
2-185
3-186
4-187
5-184
6-190
7-185
8-185

I also have several supporting pieces/mods for the car that the buyer may be interested in purchasing as well.
2 sets of 4v Long tube headers
SOLD Hooker 4.6L 4V Part# 6229HKR 3-piece LT SOLD
JBA Mid-length asking 200 + shipping ("New" as in ZERO carbon on the inside.)
JLT Cold Air Intake with the stock MAF NIB air filter as well 200 shipped
Some misc. Vortec parts from the new engine

I have owned the car since 2004 when I bought it with <90,000 miles from a corral member.
I do not believe that the motor has ever had a blower on it. This car has been run on a road track once in my possession.

Motor was pulled the first weekend of July 2010.

I am selling because I just bought a new built driveline to run boost on.

The engine will be shipped on the same crate that the "new" motor came across the country on.
Everything is located in Farmington, NM.

$2,200
Motor at idle.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3mlagQbqc"]YouTube - 1998 Mustang Cobra DOHC[/nomedia]

“Test Drive” with a wet shoe clutch shift :dw:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA0pqPSWgyE"]YouTube - 1998 DOHC Mustang Cobra[/nomedia]

Note: smashed air filter was left on to protect the MAF during shipping.

AVIAD Dry Sump Make offer.

Trans pictured is my T-56. (Not for sale)

JBA Mid-Length Headers C.A.R.B. #D-216

Last edited:

9BABCobra8

Established Member
Crate is ready to go! Engine is bolted in place and made the trip from Missouri to New Mexico and did not shift at all in the back of the box truck.

Pics sent as well!

Last edited:

turbocamaro

t 45

Complete 1998 Running DOHC Cobra, pan to throttle body engine (137k), clutch, newer (<30k) T-45 transmission, and driveshaft. Without wiring harness or vacuum tubing and fittings.
This motor is completely stock with the only mods being under drive pullies and a SCT tune.

The compression on each cylinder were as follows [7/3/2010]:

1-190
2-185
3-186
4-187
5-184
6-190
7-185
8-185

I also have several supporting pieces/mods for the car that the buyer may be interested in purchasing as well.
2 sets of 4v Long tube headers
JLT Cold Air Intake with the stock MAF
Some misc. Vortec parts from the new engine

I have owned the car since 2004 when I bought it with <90,000 miles from a corral member.
I do not believe that the motor has ever had a blower on it. This car has been run on a road track once in my possession.

Motor was pulled the first weekend of July 2010.

I am selling because I just bought a new built driveline to run boost on.

The engine will be shipped on the same crate that the "new" motor came across the country on.
Everything is located in Gladstone, MO as of now but could be making the trip to Farmington, NM shortly.
Shipping will most likely be around $400-$500 as a truck with a lift-gate and pallet jack WILL be required. Plan on picking up the motor and car this weekend in Kansas City and bringing it all to Farmington, NM by 7/11. We could work out a “deal” on a drop-off point in between.

$2500

Motor at idle.
YouTube- 1998 Mustang Cobra DOHC

“Test Drive” with a wet shoe clutch shift :dw:
YouTube- 1998 DOHC Mustang Cobra

do you still have the transmission and clutch? if so how much for them to ship to alb nm 87109. how many miles on trans?

Stephen4036

Established Member
i paid $1,000 for 98 cobra motor with harness to mid pipe... 20,000 miles on it.. bbk cold air intake alternator, all coolants hoses.. 2500 bucks is steep and it has 140k?

lmao anywho how much for longtubes?

9BABCobra8

Established Member
What brand headers? and how much would you want shipped to 54129 for each set

The mid-length headers are JBA $175 + shipping.
Hooker 4.6L 4V Part# 6229HKR 3-Piece Headers are $225 + shipping.

I wish I didn't have to go back to school, I'd be all over this!

Free Bump... GLWS
Thanks Howie :beer:

do you still have the transmission and clutch? if so how much for them to ship to alb nm 87109. how many miles on trans?

Trans has just over 30K miles on it. I could bring it to you cheaper than shipping it to you.

i paid $1,000 for 98 cobra motor with harness to mid pipe... 20,000 miles on it.. bbk cold air intake alternator, all coolants hoses.. 2500 bucks is steep and it has 140k?

lmao anywho how much for longtubes?

I have been watching 1998 Cobra motors go for around the same price, thanks though, sounds like you got a steal...

PM's Replied.

Last edited:

jimjeffords

Established Member
MPS Sells the 98 Drivetrain for like 2900 and cant keep them in stock they sell so well..
I sold my 98 Motor for 1800, my t45 for 500 and the clutch for 150 so I would say he is right in line..

howie8124

Established Member
PM me a price on the engine shipped to 02026...I cant not find out what i need to scrape together

Last edited:

RedTermin8or

Established Member
How is the ground clearance on the Hooker headers, I need new exhaust manifolds for my engine swap so I might as well go aftermarket right away.

9BABCobra8

Established Member
How is the ground clearance on the Hooker headers, I need new exhaust manifolds for my engine swap so I might as well go aftermarket right away.

I never had them installed on my car. I bought them appox. 1 month before I decided to go to the turbo set-up.

Do you still have the T-45? What's its condition? Pictures?

Thanks

I trans is tight. I am not set-up to be a straight line guy so the gears have not been hammered on. Will try to have pictures as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread