1998 Dodge Viper Twin Turbo 1000+ RWHP

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
Very tempting, and I have an immaculate 01 Cobra I'd be interested in trading. Other than a completely new, built transmission (worst case scenario I assume) what else is going to be a problem for me on this car? Full disclosure please; feel free to PM.

Mainecobra

Established Member
Just kidding. This is the car to have!! A built gts!!! Im not sure if another car could be better. What a amazing machine any other car is a huge downgrade

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
well as it turns out, transmission appears to be fine, just needs a fluid flush on the clutch hydraulics. some of you guys missed out on a steal and didn't even know it. price bump, back to 58k firm.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Just wondering why u went from 55 to 50 back 55? Thx

thought I might have had a hurt transmission causing shifting to be difficult. turns out my slave cylinder needed to be bled out it wasn't disengaging the clutch completely. I'm debating about replacing the slave as well. the 5k drop would have more than covered a new transmission.

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
So there really was something wrong with the trans? I'm glad nobody purchased it when you said the trans was healthy. :-\

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
JTStreet. transmission shifts and drives, it's due for a new set of bearings and a syncros kit. transmissions don't last forever, but this one is fine. I verified there was nothing damaged. there is a difference between damaged and worn out.

as it turns out the clutch pressure plate failed. replacing clutch and slave cylinder as the slave cylinder has excess play in it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread