1998 Cobra

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
FOR SALE:

1998 Mustang Cobra w/ 185K highway miles

Mods: o/r H-pipe (factory cats cut out, Flowmasters welded in, Eibach Prokit springs, short throw shifter, aftermarket CD player.

A little background on the car; I'll try not to leave anything out.

-I bought this car about a year ago from a family friend in Marion, SC who received it as a trade for body work. Its been a project car for me, but I'm a Fox guy/pushrod guy. So its time to sell this Cobra in hopes of moving on to something different.

-It was a Laser Red car, but the last owner had it painted bright red. The paint job was on the 'ok' side. I'd give it a 6.5/10 since the detail isn't the best. It looks good at 10 ft, and the body is straight minus a front fender that was tweaked a bit in a previous bump up (nothing serious aparently).

-Interior is in fair condition. The driver's seat has a small tear, and the back seat has a small 'burnt' spot.

-Engine is stock as far as I know, runs well, no smoke. Still pulls pretty hard for a high mileage car. Engine and trans have both fresh fluids.

-Rear is stock with 3.27s, and has a slow leak at the diff cover.

-Brakes are ok, but the slotted rotors would probably have more bite with better pads.

-Runs and drives great; just needs someone to put a little time a TLC into it.

I haven't done a whole lot to the car w/ the exception of new motor mounts and a rack rack and pinion.

The bad;

-The car was apparently in a collision back in 2000 in NC, was totaled/salvaged. It was then bought and straightened out. The SC title is clear and clean just as I purchased it. I don't believe it has tainted the car, but its certainly something people need to be aware of. (VIN# 1FAFP47V2WF209024)

-What the car does need are new O2 sensors, and a couple dash lights (as 2 are burnt out).
-The air bag warning chime stays on for 10 seconds after the car is started since the bulb is out.
-The A/C has a leak in the system.
-Has a power drain somewhere in the system that I haven't been able to track down. Has a new alternator and battery, but the battery will die if not driven in a few days.

Asking $4500 or best offer.

PM me here or call me at 803.397.5463.
Car is in West Columbia, SC (5 minutes from downtown Columbia).
Thanks, Mitchell

If I don't get any good bites on this, then I'm gonna keep in and start resurrecting it.

98Cobra3.jpg

Cobraside.jpg

Cobrainterior.jpg

COBRAfront.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread