1998 Cobra won't ready for emissions, all monitors say Not Available

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
98 Cobra, long tubes, catted x, all 02 sensors, catback and filter are only mods. Car will not ready for emissions. No check engine light, no pending codes, no prior codes.

Took it to my tuner today to see if it had a tune in it and needed to be flashed to stock but to my surprise everything was turned on and was all in the correct range for factory setting/temps/readiness... Put the car on a basic OBD scanner tonight and every monitor says Not Availble.. Usually I'd get a Not Ready or Ready but all say Not Available..

Bad computer? I need to get the car through emissions so I can sell it. Thanks guys for the help. Car runs perfect otherwise.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Did you disconnect the battery or clear pending codes lately? If so drive it so it can complete the drive cycle monitor tests.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
No codes to clear...but I'll disconnect he bbttery tomorrow to reset It all.. I just drove it 240 miles today so it should of set.. But who knows. I'll try it tomorrow

ZeroDCX

Established Member
It should've completed misfire, fuel system, evap, sai and cataylst tests at least. Strange.

Flash the stock tune back and drive it again to see if it completes Readiness Monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread