1998 Cobra chrome yellow 44k vortech mm griggs

airjon23

Established Member
Thank you guys...I hope to keep it looking as good as it currently does. I don't have too much planned for it right now except for the additional of an air/fuel meter. Perhaps an S281 wing down the road and larger exhaust tips.

airjon23

Established Member
Out of respect for Chris, I'm not going to reveal the selling price. I will tell you that it is costing me $1,250 to have it shipped in an enclosed trailer.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
Any plans for the car? Different wheels? I saw in the other thread you planned on an S281 wing. Do that ASAP w/ some nice chrome 18's and that car would be the Ultimate SN95. Again i wish i had the extra dough to pick it up but its sick! GL with the car

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
I wouldn't change any cosmetics on that car.. it looks perfect with those Cobra R's and the wingless look !:beer:

airjon23

Established Member
Thanks again for all the compliments,!

I'm still undecided about adding a wing to the car. I love the wingless look, but, down the road I'll probably go with an S281...my best friend has me thinking pretty hard about the Shinoda wing, though!

For exhaust tips, I've decided on getting the 3.5" SLP tips. I'll probably eventually change the Flowmaster mufflers, too....just not sure what to replace them with...Bassani? Spintech?

If I ever change the Cobra R's, I'll be getting some 18" Saleens!

I'm going to be moving the Autometer coolant temp and fuel psi gauges to a new gauge cluster bezel pod. (2) A/F meters will be joining the boost gauge on the pillar. I was thinking about getting the dual sensor meter from FAST, but it seems to big and bulky. Plus, I don't like the idea of a 'hard' mount...it would be much better as a suction cup mount for the windshield! Along the lines of gauges, I'll probably be doing the LED swap for the backlighting, as well.

Lastly, at least for the near future, will be set a clear fog lights to match the headlights.

airjon23

Established Member
Wingless is so much nicer and smoother.
I also don't like big tips on Mustangs.
I wish this car was coming to CT. :nonono:

I won't completely make up my mind until I see the car in person. It sure does like nice in the pics that Chris sent, though. I'm more likely to change the exhaust versus add a wing. Only time will tell! I'll keep SVTP informed as to any changes to this beauty.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
airjon you got lucky where as you bought prob the most badass SN95 to ever sell on this site and if yo do anything to that car that we do not approve of. We will kill you!

lol J/K its your car but please dont put huge pipes on that beauty. Keep it clean and sexy. Look up Chrome98Cobras car that has the Saleen Spoiler and wheels. Copy and paste to your car!

So it is written.. So it shall be Done!!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Congrats on your purchase, I was looking to see if it was still for sale as I wanted to buy it now lol...

yellow98stang

Established Member
don't put 3.5" tips, 3" max...

these cars look much better with normal tips than the 03+ cobra's with cutouts in the bumpers and the tips much more hidden.

here are a couple pics of my old 98 with the 281 wing btw...
98cobra008.jpg

98cobra003.jpg

S2400030.jpg

oh yeah, and i should have never gotten rid of it... haha

congrats, Dan

Users who are viewing this thread