1998 BAB Cobra, T56 Swap & Built Motor

BABVenom98

Established Member
No clue, I didn't build the motor. Was already built when I bought the car.
I don't remember seeing anything about the piston dish on the motor build receipt either.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
No clue, I didn't build the motor. Was already built when I bought the car.
I don't remember seeing anything about the piston dish on the motor build receipt either.

The reason I ask is because of the compression. 8.1 is not very common in the majority of engine builds for 4.6 DOHC's. Typically the lowest you see is 8.5.1. Finding that info along with more details about the bottom end may help you sell the car faster. Just a suggestion. This is being sold at such a deal already I'm blown away it hasn't moved yet reguardless.

BABVenom98

Established Member
The reason I ask is because of the compression. 8.1 is not very common in the majority of engine builds for 4.6 DOHC's. Typically the lowest you see is 8.5.1. Finding that info along with more details about the bottom end may help you sell the car faster. Just a suggestion. This is being sold at such a deal already I'm blown away it hasn't moved yet reguardless.

I understand, but there is no way I would find out with my own two eyes unless I tear the block apart, which is not going to happen. 8:1 is what I was told when I bought the car.

I'm providing as much information as I can about the car and being honest. All other information about the bottom is correct. I have the receipts to prove it.
I'm not too surprised, one it's ready for boost but not boosted. Two, the economy sucks and people think I will take $5 or $6K for it. :bash:

Last edited:

Jon01

Established Member
This car needs to sell so I quit eye****ing it every time I get on.

Badasssapper67

Established Member
Hey Im in the market for a Cobra just like this one, and Im in Galveston TX at project victory after coming back from Leatherneck. Let me know if I can see your Cobra next weekend. Post a reply here and I'll get you my email.

Users who are viewing this thread