1997 GT Coupe with 4v swap and Turbo FS

SteedaX47

Established Member
For sale is my Mustang GT. It's a 5 speed car with 13X,XXX miles on the body. It has a clean title and has served me well. The reason I'm selling it is because I just recently bought a Cobra and it's just not feasible for me to have both cars unfortunately. I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into this thing... not to mention money. I thought I'd hold onto it for forever so I didn't really keep any receipts unfortunately but if I had to guess... I probably have between 10-12k invested into it so my loss really is your gain. I'm asking 7,000 OBO. I kinda just need this thing gone so throw me your offers, worst I could say is no.

The Good:
Clean Title
Clean body, needs paint of course but it's 16 years old.
Interior is in pretty good condition actually. It has very few areas of complaint.
Very reliable, has never left me stranded.

Mods:
2003 Cobra Shortblock that has been rebuilt with clevite bearings and arp main bolts and 2000 rod bolts. About 7500 miles on build.

1993 Mark 8 heads that were rebuilt and had a valve job and time sert spark plug threads by Heads By Drew.

1996 Cobra Intake

Turbo is a rear mount kit from STS. There is a ton of ground clearance believe it or not and a shield for the air filter that can actually allow the car to be driven through some pretty gnarly stuff. This was my DD till I got my Cobra!
It's a t3 60-1 with a stage 5 exhaust wheel making 12-13 psi and on e85 made 460 rwhp and 582 rwtq at Finishline Performance. Tuned by Greg there.

BBK Underdrive Pulleys

Lowered on BBK springs

Has MM caster/Camber plates

X2 Balljoints

Pro 5.0 shifter

Trans was rebuilt in January of 2011 and has less than 20k on it.

17x9 e25 Rota Grids Powder Coated Safety Orange- currently still on the car. if you don't want them, we can figure out how/when to swap the tires back to the stock wheels.

The Bad:
Windshield is cracked

Will not pass emissions currently because there are no cats. This thing is kinda loud lol. But it sounds great. Will pass just fine with cats on it... I know because that is what I did when the time came. Those cats are staying with me though.

Clutch is slipping pretty badly. Holds first gear ok, slips in second, but will not hold boost in 3rd 4th or 5th. It is a CenterForce Dual Friction mated to a Spec steel flywheel.

Has an oil leak... I believe from the oil return line to the pan. Not a bad fix but I just don't want to deal with it anymore. It is kind of messy underneath due to the leak though of course. If you plan on driving it without fixing the leak then keep a jug of oil with you. I NEVER drove this thing low on oil.

Some wiring needs to be cleaned up under the hood from the swap. Again, an easy fix but I lost interest.

I'm sure there are some things that I'm missing or can't think of off the top off my head but it's not a bad car, just some slight TLC and you have a relatively quick and reliable vehicle on your hands. Throw me some offers, like I said I am flexible on the price but DO NOT lowball me. It will only waste your time and mine.

Best way to get a hold of me will be through phone. Text or Call pretty much any time.

720-936-2585.

For pics, here is the link to the ad on craigslist

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4293897102.html

Last edited:

drkmrkiv

Established Member
I wish you were closer.

I like the Civic EP3 seats! I like how you're incorporating some JDM bling on the Mustang. Very nice. Tasteful.

GLWS

SteedaX47

Established Member
I wish you were closer.

I like the Civic EP3 seats! I like how you're incorporating some JDM bling on the Mustang. Very nice. Tasteful.

GLWS

You sir... are awesome lol. Thank you for the kind words. I got a loottt of hate. I know.... hard to believe lol... well see, I havent had too many serious bites on it.

Users who are viewing this thread