1997 cobra. Vortech v2 reclocking?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I can't help you but I am looking for the same answer as I will be installing an intercooler this winter.

Also, what FMIC and pulley size are you going with? Which V2 model do you have as well?

bearster18

Established Member
I went with a cx racing 31/12/4 intercooler and their DIY piping. Also I'm using a 3.33" pulley due to still being on the stock short block that I'd like to last awhile. Since I don't do much dragging or high way rolls I feel it should be good to go. I've got most of the intercooler parts installed now and mounted. Just awaiting my new HPX maf flange and BOV to get here.

SVTHord

Established Member
Did the universal piping kit include all the bends you needed to make it work on your car? I'm considering the same kit for my 96.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure your set up is like mine and I have to take the blower off the bracket to clock it. There's a couple of bolts that are impossible to get to otherwise. Plus depending on how far you need to clock it you'll have to move the little bars that go between the bolts and blower.

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Although i dont have a SN model car, i had the vortech V2 and T-trim and i did not have to take the blower off the bracket. There are 8 bolts on the underside that you remove. It helps to have another person so the blower doesnt fall, but in theory yes i can be done to reclock the blower so the tube faces down

Stanger00

Established Member
^ I dont know what 8 bolts you are talking about. My volute has 3 tabs with 2 allen bolts each holding it on.

The two bottome allen bolts will be hard to get too because the outlet is in the way and its close to the oil drain. It is easier just to remove the blower and loosen the tabs and rotate the volute. I just adjusted mine and I did it with the bracket attached but removed from the car.

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
^ I dont know what 8 bolts you are talking about. My volute has 3 tabs with 2 allen bolts each holding it on.

The two bottome allen bolts will be hard to get too because the outlet is in the way and its close to the oil drain. It is easier just to remove the blower and loosen the tabs and rotate the volute. I just adjusted mine and I did it with the bracket attached but removed from the car.

as i said, i dont know if its different because he has a SN body style and mine was a new edge :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread