1997 Cobra MMBK4F What do i use for the Front?

tbone7467

Established Member
I'm in the process of getting ready to do brakes on my 1997 Cobra SVT. I have decided that I'm going to use the MM front lines MMBK4F, but I'm not sure about the rear lines. I want something of similar quality as the MM lines. any suggestions?

tbone7467

Established Member
Russell makes rear lines also right? how do you like the J&M? do they have a coating over the stainless braids to keep dirt out? I heard this is a must to protect the hose from rubbing a hole in it from the grime.

tbone7467

Established Member
I went with the maximum motorsports front lines, for the rear I went with J&M rear lines and J&M rear differential line

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Russell makes rear lines also right? how do you like the J&M? do they have a coating over the stainless braids to keep dirt out? I heard this is a must to protect the hose from rubbing a hole in it from the grime.

Im curious about the Russell rear lines as well

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Check out Goodridge. They have many different lines and fittings. If they don't stock it, just send them your OE lines and they'll make what you want. They're in Indianapolis. I've used them many times. It's quality stuff.

tbone7467

Established Member
I went with MM in the front and J&M in rear.

Maximum Motorsports Stainless Steel Brake Hose Kit - Front
J&M Clear Outer Coating Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines - Rear
J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Rear Differential Line

one of my rear calipers was frozen so I got that fixed. its nice having functioning and upgraded brakes. I think my expections were to high for this upgrade. I expected it to be like when you drive your buddys new car and the brakes are super sensitive compared to your car. This wasn't the case it was a great upgrade and feels a little better but I don't know if the overall feeling is that different then stock. I also had to install new master cylinder

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread