97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
1997 Mustang SVT Cobra
Black Exterior
Black Leather Interior
Black Cobra Wheels
133xxx miles
78xxx miles on new Mark VIII shortblock (same motor just has 6 bolt cast crank instead of forged, still good for about 400-425 RWHP)
255/40/17s up front (40% tread left)
275/40/17s in the rear (90% tread left)
Drilled and slotted rotors
Paintmatched engine accessories and front brakes
Pioneed BHU5000 headunit w/full ipod control. (Only currently wired to front 2 speakers, previous owner tore out the Mach system but gave it to me with the sale, just needs to be rewired)
Windshield needs to be replaced
Flywheel needs to be replaced as the current one is wrong and is not balanced. I have a billet aluminum one for replacement

Overall the car is in pretty good condition. It is an 13 year old car though and has some small scratches and chips in the paint but it polishes up nicely. $4000 OBO (Blue book in my area is $4800 in the current condition and with the current issues)

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Last edited:

acidtonic

Established Member
Just one correction.... The Mark motor has slightly different B heads with a raised area of the combustion chamber that shrouds the vavles a tiny bit more.

Otherwise, yes its nearly the same motor except for the crank, cams, COPs, and intake.

NXSVTCOBRA

Just one correction.... The Mark motor has slightly different B heads with a raised area of the combustion chamber that shrouds the vavles a tiny bit more.

Otherwise, yes its nearly the same motor except for the crank, cams, COPs, and intake.

Just one correction to your post............. He said Mark VIII shortblock :rollseyes

ComiTheHomie

Established Member
will the car work with the current flywheel? im in southern cali and i'd come pick it up if it works. if not, get the flywheel fixed and we will talk business =]

97/4.6w/fangs

NA FTW
Established Member
will the car work with the current flywheel? im in southern cali and i'd come pick it up if it works. if not, get the flywheel fixed and we will talk business =]
been driving it like this for a year and a half. The vibration isn't that bad but it's annoying. Dumbie who did the work put a V6 flywheel in

Users who are viewing this thread