1996 Skyline V-Spec GTR

Kiohtee

Established Member
Seems fishy.

From what I gather there is two parties here; one in Chicago and one in Canada. The party in Chicago apparently buys cars from the party in Canada. The Chicago guy is letting other gear head locals know of the Canadian guy and his '96 via Craigslist. But still, seems off.

Maybe it's legit and all, but still don't see how it can be titled here in the US yet. Then again, I'm as unfamiliar with importing as one can be. My thoughts as far as the car is concerned: looks mostly like shit, even for $15k.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Wondering how he is going to skirt the 25 year requirement. I have looked into it some, and seems 25 years is a hard line.

Seems like they may sell you the car then leave you having to figure out how to get it legal...or buy it and build it over the next 4 years while waiting for it to be legal. :lol1:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Car looks like shit. If it looks that shitty in pictures then it is going to look worse in person. A lot of parts on this car dont look right either.

blk02edge

Established Member
looks like a total pile regardless, id get a mint r32 over that

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
5522696506_bdaa5c01bf_z.jpg

This is a nice GT-S compared to a (mostly) stock GTR...

HKSS1R33GTR012.jpg

It's a negligible difference, but you can just tell the difference between the two. In Japan I used to see Skylines at first and get excited, but soon be disappointed with how they looked in person. Then eventually see a real GTR and you're like "Whoa!". They are truly quality cars and stand out when you see them. Just like we can spot a fake Cobra, you can spot a fake GTR. Most people just don't butcher the GTRs just like it is mostly rare to see a butchered Cobra, Z, or Viper, etc.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Unless it is a MotoRex GT-R, RUN. (Which it isn't btw)

That car is probably an auction grade R GT-R, in other words a shitbox.

Last edited:

MysticRob

Established Member
Damn, I used to love seeing R32s in Japan. Beautiful cars, and one body style I'd love to own. This R33 however, I would run far from. Someone wanting to hide some beat up paint and body work takes pics in the rain like this. And that spatula front end and shopping cart rear wing scream damage fixed with crap panels. Nobody that does proper maintenance and care-taking puts that stuff on a decent GTR.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It does look rough for the 66K mile claim. IMO enough red flags to walk on by, as in PASS.

Users who are viewing this thread