1996 Mystic - 308 Miles! $15k

87lc2

Established Member
Just goes to show that cars are generally bad investments unfortunately. Buy new for $29XXX, store and insure for almost 20 years, dont enjoy the car, and take a $10k+ loss. Doesnt make sense, why not drive the thing?

Mystic195

Established Member
Told me he had multiple offers of $24k when it was listed the first time......

87lc2

Established Member
He should have jumped on 18k. No one offered him 24k, he'd be pretty narrow minded not to take that. Looks like he's had it up for auction 3 or 4 times and the highest bid was $16,XXX.

87lc2

Established Member
If that was the high bid then thats what the market is. Ebay is usually a good indicator of the high water mark in the market. I think the biggest problem with the 96-98 is that the further the 03/04 comes down in value as they gain mileage, its going to be tough to find a buyer at a price thats close to an 03/04 (even for a low mileage car). Im trying to figure out the market myself right now, I love the 96-98 cars and trying to find a low mileage vert but dont want to pay too much above market value in case it has to be sold for some reason.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Anybody else think the driver seat doesn't look like a car with 300 miles on it? But assuming it's legit - I think 16k is a great price for it. A steal really, but I love Mystics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread