1996 Ford Mustang "Mystic Cobra" #789 Out of #2000 428RWHP 10k OBO

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
I never thought I would be doing this but the time has come to sell my pride and joy. I will be upgrading to a 2004 Mystic Chrome Convertible next summer. Up for sale is a 1996 Ford Mustang Cobra "Mystic" #789 out of #2000 made in this special color. I have the SVT # Certificate and original Window Sticker framed. Over the last 4 years the car has transformed into an amazing vehicle to where a lot of money has been thrown at it. Here is the story, 8 years ago the Cobra was bought at a Ford of Olympia and a week later driven off the road, the only parts that needed to be replaced was the hood and core support the airbags didn't even go off. It sat for about 5 years after that until I bought it. The car received a rebuilt title after the accident? if the car had been black or white this wouldn't of happened, It was due to the paint as Mystic Paint isn't the cheapest paint out there. I have pictures after the wreck and before I bought it to show you how small the damage was. I had a very reputable paint and body shop "GW Auto Rebuild" in Edmonds, WA do the body and paintwork. When I bought the car it was pretty much all stock and my plan was to make a one of a kind Mystic Cobra. The cars paint is all stock from the doors back and is in pretty decent shape for the age with little to no oxidation. The Interior is also in great shape, It has 1999 Cobra Dark Charcoal Leather seats in it they look great in it and the rest of the interior is also in very good shape.
When I bought the car it had right under 88k Miles on it, now it has right under 93k Miles on it. It was just tuned by "Brads Custom Auto" a few months ago but hasn't yet been Dynotuned since the Longtube headers and IMRC Delete plates were installed. It runs and drives great but to finish it off I would suggest a DynoTune. It hasn't spent many days outside since I have owned it, it has no rust what so ever on it. A lot of time and energy has been put into this car and I wouldn't be selling if I didn't want to fund the upgrade next summer. Here is a list of the Aftermarket parts.

All the Mystic Painted parts were painted using the original paint from BASF
Mystic Painted Driver and Passenger Side Mirrors
Mystic Painted Driver and Passenger Side Power Window Bezels
Mystic Painted Clock
Mystic Painted Stereo Bezel
Mystic Painted Shifter Bezel
Mystic/Black Painted Upper Intake Manifold
Mystic Painted Valve Covers
Mystic Painted Maximum Motorsport Caster/Camber Plates
Procharger P1SC Supercharger with 8LB Pulley With Intercooler (Rebuilt 1k Ago with Reciepts from Procharger)
T-56 6 Speed from a 2004 Cobra with a Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter
Dallas Speedcal
D&D Aluminum Driveline
IMRC Deletes
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump (Replaced 200 Miles Ago)
Mafia MAF Extender
Painted Black BBK 62MM Throttle Body
Very Rare Ford Racing Spark Plug Covers
SCT Tuner XCal 3
SLP Loudmouth 2 Catback
BBK Non-Catted H-Pipe
BBK Longtube Headers
BBK Underdrive Pullies
1999 Cobra 17x8 Rims
Ford Racing 3.27 ring and pinion gear
31 Spline Superior axles
31 Spline 03-04 Cobra Dif w/ Carbon fiber clutches
TrickFlow Girdle cover
Stock 95 Cobra rear end
Canton Radiator Expansion Tank
MSD Coil Packs with Black MSD Wires
American Muscle Stainless Steel Cobra Rear Bumper Lettering
Tokico Shock and Struts
Baer Bumpsteer Kit
03-04 Control Arms with X2 Ball Joints
Hotckis Lower Control Arms
Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Swaybar
Maximum Motorsport Aluminum Rack Bushings
Eibach Lowering Springs
Wideband 02
Autometer A/F Gauges and Boost on Pillar, Water and Clock on Gauge Cluster
Autometer Phantom boost gauges
Autometer Phantom Oil Pressure gauge
Autometer Phantom Wideband gauge
Autometer Phantom Water Temp gauge
Kenwood CD Deck
RedLine Tuning Hood Struts
98 Cobra Middle Console
1999 Cobra Dark Charcoal Leather seats
HID Headlights
Tinted Headlights and Corners
Tinted Tailights, Foglights and Side reflectors By SkrmnKustomz
20% Tinted Windows from Ice Tech
Sequential Taillights
Car was Dynoed at 428RWHP Before the Longtube Headers and IMRC Deletes "Horsepower Ranch" I have the Dyno Sheet

As you all can see this isn't a car I had planned on selling but I really want a Terminator next summer. I'am asking $10000 for it as you see it, this doesn't even skim the amount I have put into it but you never get the money out of a car you put in. I know it is a rebuilt title but again if the car was any color other than Mystic it wouldnt have been totaled out by the Insurance company. I may be interested in trades for other sports cars and money for a winter project but would really like to sell outright.

425 322 9954

002-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

007-5.jpg

008-6.jpg

011-6.jpg

016-8.jpg

018-4.jpg

019-4.jpg

021-4.jpg

022-4.jpg

023-3.jpg

026-3.jpg

027-2.jpg

015-8.jpg

013-5.jpg

020-4.jpg

001-6.jpg

012-6.jpg

Last edited:

bullitt1939

Established Member
Sweet Ride and one of my favorite colors. If I didn't already have one I would take her off your hands. I have had mine a little over 2 years and she only gets out to shows. GLWS!

brucesvt

Established Member
this is one sick mystic. good luck with the sale if you want to trade just let me know lol jk

Users who are viewing this thread