1996 Cobra-Supercharged-6 Speed-65k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterio

Established Member
Sounds like you should be making a little more power than that even on 6lbs.

That's exactly what I thought, then it dawned on me: perhaps it's not intercooled?

Anyway, to the OP, it looks and sounds really nice. Any rust issues? Like someone else said, a northern car is a bit vulnerable, even if garaged.

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
That's exactly what I thought, then it dawned on me: perhaps it's not intercooled?

Anyway, to the OP, it looks and sounds really nice. Any rust issues? Like someone else said, a northern car is a bit vulnerable, even if garaged.

Yeah the quarters are falling off and the floor boards have 13" holes, frame rails are hanging on by some welding wire :shrug:

Are you serious? Why does a northern car that is strictly driven in summers a target of rust? Last time I checked salt was only thrown during snow & ice conditions.

In regards to the rwhp, the car is only running 6#'s of boost if I remember correctly these cars only made 305 at the flywheel so probably 270rwhp-, with a set of 42# injectors,powerpipe,and a 90mm MAF I'm sure the car could make 450rwhp easy but I prefer to enjoy my car without wondering when the motor is gonna go

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member

:lol1: Are you serious? I don't think anyone needs to worry about rust on this car. It sounds like he took really good care of the Cobra.

By the way did you notice the car was in a garage in the vid??:poke::poke:

BlownCobra32v you have your car set at a great price. Take your time and someone will pick it up. Be careful with all that salt in your garage.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Yeah the quarters are falling off and the floor boards have 13" holes, frame rails are hanging on by some welding wire :shrug:

Are you serious? Why does a northern car that is strictly driven in summers a target of rust? Last time I checked salt was only thrown during snow & ice conditions.

In regards to the rwhp, the car is only running 6#'s of boost if I remember correctly these cars only made 305 at the flywheel so probably 270rwhp-, with a set of 42# injectors,powerpipe,and a 90mm MAF I'm sure the car could make 450rwhp easy but I prefer to enjoy my car without wondering when the motor is gonna go

+1

260 hp to the rear wheels.... 6lbs of boost is 40% of 1 standard atmosphere. 40% more air into a car that makes 260hp at the tires is..... 260(1.4)=364!

Nice car man... good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread