SOLD: 1995 Cobra R - For Sale

whty98

Established Member
SOLD!

1995 Cobra R #174

1FALP42C1SF213696

6,831 miles currently, not likely to go up.

I recently bought the car from Tyler Hoover (YouTube - Hoovie’s Garage) as I could not pass up owning a piece of history. My first car was a white 98 GT and I have always had a sweet spot for this model, especially the 95R. Unfortunately, this one is simply not practical for me. We have young kids that cannot enjoy a ride without car seats in the back and I have no time to make a track trip. I’m at the point of selling it and let someone enjoy, trade it so I can get something everyone can enjoy, or let her collect dust.

The car.

It was originally built by Mark Ray Motorsports and raced by Andy Watkins. At some point it was wrecked at the track. I am not familiar with the details but multiple sources have stated it hit a wall hard on the rear end. It has been fixed with what I assume is a full repaint. In my opinion, the repair work was nicely done. I cannot tell it had been hit by driving or viewing the panels at an angle. The trunk shows panel bonding work. I am not an expert on body work so I encourage you to view the car in person and/or get it inspected.

The article goes into the work done originally. To my knowledge, the majority have not changed except;

• There is a T-56 in there now. It shifts great without issues.
  • The body has obviously changed with no stickers.
  • Wheels are OEM R. The tires are dated 2018 and are Nitto’s all around. Great tread, I believe 7/32 left all around.
  • It does have a bolt in Kenny Brown cage. I imagine the MOMO race seats are great for the track. For casual driving, they are difficult to get in and out. The 5-point harnesses are still there for the driver and passenger.

Recent maintenance
  • New Koni struts – Tyler had one fail at the track and Omega Auto Clinic replaced both.
  • Spark plugs and Ford Racing wires
  • Brake fluid flush – new Baer stainless lines on the front two calipers
  • PENDING – steering rack leaks. I will have Omega Auto replace the rack when the part shows up. Along with tie rods and poly bushings.
Cons:
  • It’s been a track car and has wear. One big part of its history is a wreck. I am not familiar with the details but multiple people reached out to me when I shared it on the Facebook R page stated it hit a wall hard on the rear end. It has been fixed with what I assume is a full repaint. Again, it was a track car so set your expectations appropriately.
  • Factory fuel tank replaced the fuel cell (long gone).
  • I do not have any extra parts. What you see is what you get.
  • The exhaust hangs low and I noticed the mufflers have scrapped. I intended to replace the exhaust completely. It will currently make you deaf. A side exhaust would do wonders but I’ll leave that on the next owner.
  • The battery is relocated to the trunk. It’s an open trunk. The battery is simply bolted down and exposed. I had planned to either close off the trunk or get a Taylor battery box. I’ll leave that to the next owner to decide. There is a battery kill switch inside the car. The sticker on the passenger window directs you to it.
  • 1 key
  • E-brake is not working. I'll need to figure out what is wrong, I assume it's a broken cable.
For sale or trade. Clean title. Located in Wichita, KS.

Asking $26,000 as it sits today. SOLD!

Trade: 2003/2004 Cobra coupe. Or a 2013/2014 GT. Clean, no track cars, less miles and simple mods are a plus. No other trades please.

Youtube walk arounds - the car is dirty. I had one of the cold start but it failed to load. I'll get one uploaded in the next few days.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I watched the episode on MotorTrend + on this car. Sounds like a cool find. Do you have any info on the engine set up? On the show they mention it makes "over 600HP". How does the car align and Drive? Also you say clean title, but does the carfax show any accident repair? Thanks for any info.

PM sent awaiting response.

Last edited:

whty98

Established Member
The engine specs are listed in the original article. From what I can tell, they have not changed. I cannot verify the claimed HP as I’ve only ran 91 through it and have not advanced the timing, or had it on a dyno. I had a car fax pulled and there was not a record of the wreck, however everyone knows it happened. The car drives strait.

bluegold676

SOLD!

1995 Cobra R #174

1FALP42C1SF213696

6,831 miles currently, not likely to go up.

I recently bought the car from Tyler Hoover (YouTube - Hoovie’s Garage) as I could not pass up owning a piece of history. My first car was a white 98 GT and I have always had a sweet spot for this model, especially the 95R. Unfortunately, this one is simply not practical for me. We have young kids that cannot enjoy a ride without car seats in the back and I have no time to make a track trip. I’m at the point of selling it and let someone enjoy, trade it so I can get something everyone can enjoy, or let her collect dust.

The car.

It was originally built by Mark Ray Motorsports and raced by Andy Watkins. At some point it was wrecked at the track. I am not familiar with the details but multiple sources have stated it hit a wall hard on the rear end. It has been fixed with what I assume is a full repaint. In my opinion, the repair work was nicely done. I cannot tell it had been hit by driving or viewing the panels at an angle. The trunk shows panel bonding work. I am not an expert on body work so I encourage you to view the car in person and/or get it inspected.

The article goes into the work done originally. To my knowledge, the majority have not changed except;

• There is a T-56 in there now. It shifts great without issues.
  • The body has obviously changed with no stickers.
  • Wheels are OEM R. The tires are dated 2018 and are Nitto’s all around. Great tread, I believe 7/32 left all around.
  • It does have a bolt in Kenny Brown cage. I imagine the MOMO race seats are great for the track. For casual driving, they are difficult to get in and out. The 5-point harnesses are still there for the driver and passenger.

Recent maintenance
  • New Koni struts – Tyler had one fail at the track and Omega Auto Clinic replaced both.
  • Spark plugs and Ford Racing wires
  • Brake fluid flush – new Baer stainless lines on the front two calipers
  • PENDING – steering rack leaks. I will have Omega Auto replace the rack when the part shows up. Along with tie rods and poly bushings.
Cons:
  • It’s been a track car and has wear. One big part of its history is a wreck. I am not familiar with the details but multiple people reached out to me when I shared it on the Facebook R page stated it hit a wall hard on the rear end. It has been fixed with what I assume is a full repaint. Again, it was a track car so set your expectations appropriately.
  • Factory fuel tank replaced the fuel cell (long gone).
  • I do not have any extra parts. What you see is what you get.
  • The exhaust hangs low and I noticed the mufflers have scrapped. I intended to replace the exhaust completely. It will currently make you deaf. A side exhaust would do wonders but I’ll leave that on the next owner.
  • The battery is relocated to the trunk. It’s an open trunk. The battery is simply bolted down and exposed. I had planned to either close off the trunk or get a Taylor battery box. I’ll leave that to the next owner to decide. There is a battery kill switch inside the car. The sticker on the passenger window directs you to it.
  • 1 key
  • E-brake is not working. I'll need to figure out what is wrong, I assume it's a broken cable.
For sale or trade. Clean title. Located in Wichita, KS.

Asking $26,000 as it sits today. SOLD!

Trade: 2003/2004 Cobra coupe. Or a 2013/2014 GT. Clean, no track cars, less miles and simple mods are a plus. No other trades please.

Youtube walk arounds - the car is dirty. I had one of the cold start but it failed to load. I'll get one uploaded in the next few days.

Looking for something similar .Any idea where i can get?

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Just in case the next owner is still watching this thread...

I'm fairly sure this is the car that spun off turn 6 at Road Atlanta. It rotated several times and struck the wall with the rear end.

The car had recently had front pads replaced (6-pot calipers IIRC) and experienced green fade, but the bedded rear pads did not. Therefore the uncontrolled rotation. The story didn't specify if the crash happened on the out lap or in testing, but the photos of the wreck told the tale. I lost them in a server crash nearly 10 years ago.

Nice to see that it had been repaired well and is still in fighting trim. Nice price too, considering the hardware it had (presumably still had at the time of this sale).

sunnyd09

Established Member
Bumping an old thread, but I was the one who purchased this 95R back in February of last year. I purchased with the intention of tracking it and making it into a project car, but things didn't quite work out, and I'm not going to be able to dedicate either the time or the funds towards it.

With that being said, the car has mainly sat in storage and has done one track day since I've owned it. Everything that was on the car in this FS post is still there, with the exception of brand new Falken RT660 tires and also fixed a diff leak that was present at the time. If anyone is interested, please feel free to shoot me a message. I'd love to see this go to a good home, with someone who is willing to put the time/effort into it!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Bumping an old thread, but I was the one who purchased this 95R back in February of last year. I purchased with the intention of tracking it and making it into a project car, but things didn't quite work out, and I'm not going to be able to dedicate either the time or the funds towards it.

With that being said, the car has mainly sat in storage and has done one track day since I've owned it. Everything that was on the car in this FS post is still there, with the exception of brand new Falken RT660 tires and also fixed a diff leak that was present at the time. If anyone is interested, please feel free to shoot me a message. I'd love to see this go to a good home, with someone who is willing to put the time/effort into it!
Start a new For Sale ad please. Make sure you read the market rules.

Users who are viewing this thread