1995 Cobra R factory CAI box and intake plumbing question

Cobra Jet

Established Member
So up until just recently and totally by chance - I noticed that the 1995 Cobra R factory CAI air box and intake plumbing is different from the 94/95 Cobra 5.0, which brings me to my questions:

1) Was the 1995 Cobra R air box the prototype for the 1996+ Cobras? The forward assembly and how the MAF is externally attached is the exact same as the 1996-1998 Cobras.

2) The factory CAI rubber plumbing from the 1995 Cobra R upper intake to the MAF - does anyone have the part numbers for the rubber tubing and the sensor bridge (coupler?) between the tubes? What other Ford product were those from? Is the bridge piece for the sensor metal or plastic?

Thanks in advance from the 1995 R owners for any help with those parts and questions.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yes to #1. The airbox assembly and mass air was pulled forward from the 96 Cobra.

As far as #2, it is all unique 95R. Both rubber pieces are distinct. And the coupler is metal.

Tom

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Yes to #1. The airbox assembly and mass air was pulled forward from the 96 Cobra.

As far as #2, it is all unique 95R. Both rubber pieces are distinct. And the coupler is metal.

Tom

Thanks for the response Tom.

So the 95R rubber CAI tubing and the sensor coupler where not pulled from Ford’s parts bins and were 1-off designs only for the 95R?

Do those (3) parts have distinct Ford part #’s on them by chance?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Thanks for the response Tom.

So the 95R rubber CAI tubing and the sensor coupler where not pulled from Ford’s parts bins and were 1-off designs only for the 95R?

Do those (3) parts have distinct Ford part #’s on them by chance?

I am not aware of the tubing or coupler coming from any other source on another vehicle. To my knowledge they were specific and just done for the R. I've seen a part number on the assembly as a 3-piece unit but don't know it.

Tom

Ruslow

Established Member
If I recall the F5ZV is the first part. will look on mine tomorrow. Also made up the underhood stickers and belt routing with correct number. and also one that deletes the AIR system for belt routing.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
If I recall the F5ZV is the first part. will look on mine tomorrow. Also made up the underhood stickers and belt routing with correct number. and also one that deletes the AIR system for belt routing.

@Ruslow
If you have time can you post up the part info and/or pics?

zombiestig

I'm making an R style airbox setup on my 94. I've been looking for the rubber hoses. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is if the elbow bends are 90* or less. It's difficult to tell from pics. Spectre makes a very similar looking part. I've also looked at heavy trucks, since they would possibly have 4" intake tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread