1995 4.6 T-Bird battary draw...

TungStang07

Established Member
Alright I've got myself a 95 t-bird with 201,136 miles on it as it sits. The car has only had a rebuilt tranny, and my a/c comp. finally went out while I moved from Dallas to Houston to go to school. The car has not let me down until I left my glove box open when I put insurance paperwork in it and thought I had closed it, the light killed the battary, jumped it, three days later when i went to start the car and it started right up. Ever since i've had battary problems. The car couldn't hold a charge, though whenever I put jumper cables to it it'd fire right up! I've now got a bran new battary in it, when I put it in, started perfect, first try, after a long time. The following morning, went to start it, compeletly dead. Atleast my old battary would have power to open the doors! I'm guessing I've got a draw somewhere... now my question for you is, I got pulled over due to my right front headlight out. When I went to replace it, the little connector broke on me, due to old age and I had to put a rubberband/tie wrap to hold the connector on the light bulb. Would this (if not proper put in position and possibly kind of dangling around on the connector) cause the car to have this draw, and kill the battary in a matter of a night?

Users who are viewing this thread