1994 SVT Cobra 347 stroker & upgrades

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Hi folks,

It is time for me to sell the '94 Cobra. I really like this car. I bought it from a very good friend who is a Mustang enthusiast and has 2 vintage Shelby Mustangs. He is very particular with all his vehicles and this one is no exception. Current mileage is 101,xxx which means approx 12k miles on the current motor ( 347 stroker ).

I have only driven this car in nice weather ( June thru September ). Sure, I got caught in the rain a few times, but if the weather wasn't nice when I left for work, the Cobra stayed home in the garage and I drove my F150 to work. My commute to work is a whopping 10 mile round-trip.

I have a perfect spare set of tan Cobra floormats.

Just so you don't miss it below, I put new tires on the car back in June, so they have less than 2,000 miles on them. Easy miles. No track time. No burnouts. The tires are Hankooks - 255/40/ZR17. The new tires are not shown in the photos.

Car cover included as well.

While this car runs VERY strong, it has great street manners. In fact, my wife actually wants to keep the car as she really enjoys driving it. I like when she drives it as well, as I like to stand in the driveway as she pulls away from the house and gooses the throttle. Dang does this car sound fantastic!!

Price is $9,000 and is pretty firm. And once you go for a ride you'll realize why. Over $15k has been invested in this car. I am not interested in any trades, as the plan is to order a new 2014 GT.

Thanks everyone - below is all the info - mostly from the ad from when I purchased the car.

Ron

1994 Mustang Cobra
#662 of 5009 build

This Cobra is the type of car hard to find. It looks, runs and drives great, in excellent condition and has already received the upgrades everyone is looking for. This car has approximately 101,xxx miles on the odometer and about 12,000 miles on the new, professionally-built, naturally aspirated 347. The exterior is black clearcoat with a saddle leather interior. Exceptional condition for a ’94!! The engine was built by Jason Ore at 955 Automotive in Erie, PA. I have every receipt for this car.

The upgrades made to this car were very carefully thought out to allow it to be enjoyed and driven anywhere without the common problems associated with heavily-modified cars. This car was built this car to handle 5,000 rpm clutch dumps on slicks while maintaining the ability to drive it cross-country without issues. You will not find many 94/95 Cobras like this one.

This car appears very straight and shows no signs of being involved in an accident. I have the Carfax. Every small VIN sticker is on every body panel - both front fenders, both doors, decklid, and front bumper. Yes - all of the VINs match. This car has always been garage kept and has no rust at all.

Drivetrain:

Probe 347 kit with 5.315 Rods
AFR 185 Heads purchased brand new in 2006
Holley Systemax II purchased brand new in 2008
Anderson Cam with upgraded valve springs
Tremec 3550 Transmission - rebuilt by a local Mustang enthusiast who has rebuilt tons of them - shifts great
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
Steeda Tri-X shifter
Ford Motorsports 3.73 rear gears
Moser 31 Spline rear axles - April 2008
Rear end rebuilt April 2008
Carbon Fiber Ford Racing clutch packs used in rear end
42# Ford Racing injectors with 90mm Lightning MAF
Custom SCT tune by Dave at Kaufmann's(now SGS)
Taylor plug wires
Hooker Super Comp Long Tubes 1 5/8" headers
Matching Hooker H pipe - Sounds awesome
New Flowmaster 3 chamber catback - No resonance at highway speeds
Lakewood driveshaft safety loop
Custom .083" thick walled driveshaft by Island Spring
Blow-proof bellhousing

Suspension:
Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks replaced
Monroe quad shocks
Steeda Sport springs, front and rear
Steeda Camber Caster plates
Steeda heavy duty upper rear control arms
Steeda aluminum lower control arms
Steeda rear sway bar
Steeda tubular subframe connectors
Wild Rides lower torque box reinforcements (Battle Boxes)
New Poly Rack, motor mount and sway bar bushings
Newer Inner and Outer (Ford) tie rods professionally installed
Newer Ford Racing front control arms with upgraded bushings and ball joints
NEW ( less than 2,000 miles ) Hankook 255-40-17 front and rear tires with Eagle Cobra R 17 x 9 rims
Front Rotors - Ford - less than 5k miles on them and Wagner front pads
Spare set of Ford front rotors - nice shape
FR500 Steering Wheel - Really nice and thick - much better than the standard Cobra steering wheel.
Cervini's Hood

Car made 366RWHP with a super flat torque curve. Dyno graph can be emailed.

Car currently has PA Classic Plates that can be transferred to the buyer ( if you live in PA, of course ).

Let me know if you have any questions or want to come see the car. I am located in Moon Township, PA, which is about 20 minutes west of Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks everyone.

Ron

I'm not able to post photos - maybe because I'm new to this forum?? The car is in my avatar photo - not very helpful I know. And I'm not seeing how I can send/receive private messages. So if you are seriously interested, please reply below with your email address and I'll send you photos as soon as I can. Thanks folks.

Last edited:

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
I can vouch for the car and seller, and the previous owner, both great guys and this car is definitely meticulously taken care of.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great seller and car guys, buy with confidence.
Hey Ron, hope things are well.
I am putting a deposit on a '14 GT500 also. Can't decide SGM or DIB, will be glass roof :rockon:
-J
:beer:

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Hi J - thanks for the kind words. Great to hear from you!

For your '14, my vote is SGM. That's what I'm going with once the Cobra sells!!

SCS is under new ownership - Mike from Wolfpack. You should pop in and let the members know how you're doing.

Take care, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Finally had time to replace the passenger window motor and regulator today. The weather was nice - 51 degrees and dry - pretty dang good for mid-December here in Pittsburgh! - so I took her out for a short drive - the first time in about a month. I love the way this little 347 pulls!!

Users who are viewing this thread