1994 Mustang Cobra Track Car with new engine and coilovers - $8000

Don in Virginia

Established Member
Deposit received so car is tenatively sold.

I am selling my street legal Rio Red 1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra. This is the first year of the SN95 Cobras. It is a real Cobra and I have the original Certificate from SVT to prove it.

I bought this car from the President of the SVT Mustang Cobra Club and this was his dedicated track car until he bought a new Boss 302. This is a well-sorted car with $10,000 worth of engine and suspension upgrades. If you are looking for a Mustang that will out handle a BMW M3, this is it!

This Cobra is equipped with a freshly rebuilt 306ci V8, 5 speed with Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, The engine has a SCT Superchip (tuned by ProDyno in Rock Hill, SC), Romac 50 oz Balancer, MAC cold air kit, MAC headers, Off Road pipe and catback system.

The bored 306ci engine was built less than 500 miles ago with a Ford Racing E-303 cam, worked GT40 heads, DSS Girdle, knife edged crank with champfered oil journals, ARP bolts, new King Cobra clutch and new flywheel. This engine is built to be able to run 500hp plus.

The car has a full front and rear Maximum Motorsports (MM) suspension. Full length MM subframe connectors, 4 point Autopower bolt-in roll bar, 5-point harness for driver and passenger, and Ford Racing strut tower brace

Front end is Bilstein dampers w/ full MM coil over kit and MM caster/camber plates, and Power Grid adjustable sway bar links
Rear suspension is MM Extreme Duty lower control arms, Bilstein dampers and MM full coil over kit

Rear axle is a 8.8 w Ford Racing 3.55 gears

Front brakes are 13" Cobra brake calipers/rotors w/ Carbotech XP10 track pads. Pads can be changed out easily for quieter street pads if need be. There are brake cooling ducts replacing the foglights in the front bumper. Rear brakes are Cobra brakes w/ Carbotech XP10 track pads.

I have 2 sets of Cobra wheels, one set have Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17 for the street and the other set have Nitto NT01 245/45/17 for the track.

The body of car is in good condition with no accident damage. I have removed the sponsorship decals but the on-track photos show you what it looks like with the track set-up.

The black leather interior is in great shape with no rips or tears and everything works including the factory Mach 460 stereo system.

If you are looking for a car that you can drive to the race track, track the car all weekend in a HPDE (high performance driver's education) event and then drive it home afterwards, this is the perfect car for you!

It could also be turned into a NASA American Iron or SCCA race car with little effort.

If you do not plan to take the car to the racetrack, I could remove a few of the race parts and reduce the price accordingly.

Last edited:

Red GTS

Good looking car! I like the street picture with the Saleen wheels :thumbsup:
Do you have any interior pics?
Any idea how much power the car makes?
What was done to the heads?

Not looking for a track car, just a car that handles well on the street.

Don in Virginia

Established Member
Good looking car! I like the street picture with the Saleen wheels :thumbsup:
Do you have any interior pics?
Any idea how much power the car makes?
What was done to the heads?

Not looking for a track car, just a car that handles well on the street.

Thanks! I can take some interior pics this week. It should make around 275hp but I have not dyno'd it. The heads are GT40's that were opened up a little and smoothed out.

Users who are viewing this thread