1993 Harley Davidson Nostalgia Value?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Local guy offered up a 1993 HD Nostalgia with 50,000 miles (he values at $10k) and $6,000 cash together in exchange for my Cobra. I've tinkered with the idea of buying a motorcycle so I figured I'd entertain his trade, even if to enjoy the bike this summer while attempting to sell it to.

The HD is a 2-tone with white and baby blue, white walls, pretty good looking bike but I want to make sure the $10,000 the guy is valuing the bike at is even reasonable. According to Nada and KBB its in the ball park, but then in my mind it seems high priced for the miles and year. Just looking for input...seems odd a 20 year old bike (even a HD) could bring that much. Is this a special motorcycle?

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
What does your cobra have done to it and how many miles on it? I think that info will help people decide if it's a fair deal.... I know nothing about Harleys though sorry.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I would stay away, it's not a super collectable yet, and won't be for along time. Keep your cobra

jbs$

Established Member
There is nothing collectible, except repair bills, in a 20 year old HD. You can do better.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Local guy offered up a 1993 HD Nostalgia with 50,000 miles (he values at $10k) and $6,000 cash together in exchange for my Cobra. I've tinkered with the idea of buying a motorcycle so I figured I'd entertain his trade, even if to enjoy the bike this summer while attempting to sell it to.

The HD is a 2-tone with white and baby blue, white walls, pretty good looking bike but I want to make sure the $10,000 the guy is valuing the bike at is even reasonable. According to Nada and KBB its in the ball park, but then in my mind it seems high priced for the miles and year. Just looking for input...seems odd a 20 year old bike (even a HD) could bring that much. Is this a special motorcycle?

50K miles on a Evo is a lot believe it or not. I would steer clear. 10k for a bike thats going to need a refresh on the motor not to mention the any number of future issues you'll have to tinker with electrically, ignition, etc..

id say 5k at best if you just really like the bike.

u n v kenny

Established Member
I'd say, give him cash, under $10k obviously....

Offer him $7500, if you have the cash, and keep your car... and have the bike.

Other than that, walk away from it. Do not let your car go for a motorcycle like that... Even $7500 is high in my book for a 20 yr old HD.

You could get 10yr old HD's +/- $10k (depending on which model)

203Cree

Established Member
Not even close to worth that much. Maybe 7 with those miles. That's just ridiculous.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Okay, thanks for information. I'll just leave the deal.
The only reason I was thinking about it was that if the bike was in fact worth $10k and he put another $6000 cash, getting essentially $16k for my car would be awesome.

I checked KBB and NADA on the Harley, and they came back with $9500, but that just didn't seem right! I thought maybe since only 2700 of these were made maybe they were extra valuable. Its a good looking bike, but not something I'd keep forever and I had planned just to drive it and try to sell it at the same time - but I'll steer away.

Thanks again

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Bikes real value is between $6500-$8000. $8000 it better not have a rock chip on it. EVO's are good motors and can see 100k no problem. But for 10k you are in Twin Cam Wide Glide territory, Hell I've seen TCFI FatBoy's going for $10k up here (Long Winter).

Users who are viewing this thread