1993 Ford Mustang Cobra Teal/Black - Amazing Car, Check it out.

ElJefe9830

Sic vis pacem para bellum
Established Member
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra Build number 1542 of 4993. Build Certificate and paperwork included. Clean and Clear title.

I will help with getting the car to you whether shipping, delivering, or picking it up.

Car is an original 1993 Cobra with all black interior. Details are below.

I am asking Price Reduced AGAIN (07/11/11): $17,000 for the car w/o the 03 Cobra Seats. Call/Text 505-401-5089 or email at [email protected]. This is the last price reduction I will do. If it does not sell before January, I will be keeping the car, turning it up, and going for 9's in the spring.

Note: Will entertain trades on '03/'04 Cobras Satin Silver only, and GT500s.

This is not your average '93 Cobra. This car dyno'd 614 HP and 543 Tq on 91 octane gas with a conservative street tune and only 10lbs of boost. My best time with the car is a 10.65 at 129mph in April of this year also on pump gas with the street tune. The car has seen some street time since then, but is mostly just a garage queen.

The car is completely streetable. I have it registered and insured. It never dies on the street, and idles perfectly. The two times I have had it at the track, it drove to the track, raced, and drove home. No trailers here.

Engine and Drivetrain:
Block: FRPP R302 Built by Keith Craft with receipts and build info
Displacement: 331ci
Rotating Assembly: Eagle Crank and H-Beam Rods, JE Pistons, and Hellfire Piston Rings
Cam: Comp Cams
Heads: Edelbrock Victor Jr., Harland Sharp 1.6 Rollers, FRPP Lifters
Intake: Trickflow R-Series
Throttle Body: BBK 75mm
Fuel System: Aeromotive A1000, Sump Tank, Lines. Behind Bars Race Cars Fuel Rails. 72 lb Injectors.
Exhaust: Hooker Super Comp Longtube Headers, BBK H-Pipe, Flowmaster after-cats.
Ignition: MSD 6AL, Blaster Coil, MSD Wires

Cooling: Large NEW Griffin Radiator, Two Electric Fans with shroud.

Power Adder: Vortech T-Trim with several pulleys and the cog pulley setup. Everything from 5lbs of boost to 20lbs of boost. Vortech Aftercooler supplied by a Chiseled Performance tank mounted in the back and pump with 3/4" lines and running through a saleen heat exchange for every day cooling. Extremely nice setup.

Transmission: Performance Automatic Competition C4 with 4,200 Stall, and Hurst Quarter Stick Shifter. Has a trans cooler and a trans brake also. All paperwork on this included.

Rearend: 8.8, Auburn Pro Differential, Moser Axles, 3.27 gears, FRPP Diff Cover.

Front Suspension:
KMember: UPR Tubular
Control Arms: UPR Tubular
Springs: UPR Coilover
Struts: Lakewood 90/10
Brakes: Stock '93, Line Loc system.

Rear Suspension:
Springs: Stock '93
Shocks: Lakewood 50/50
Control Arms: Steeda Adjustable Upper and Lower
Brakes: '93 Cobra

Stiffening:
Subframe Connectors and Eight Point Roll Cage

Engine Management:
FAST system with all sensors professionally tuned by The Dyno Edge.

Exterior:
Paint: Car has been repainted the original Teal color. The paint job is great, but there are a couple of minor chips from being driven.
Wheels: Chrome'd '93 Cobra Wheels
Hood: Cervinis 1.5" Cowl Hood, as well as original stock hood.

Interior:
Seats: '03 Cobra Seats in almost perfect shape as well as the stock original Black interior front seats in great shape. No rear seat.
Gauges: Autometer Gauges (Boost, Electric Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure). Uego Wideband AFR System that works extremely well. Autometer Monster Tach with shift lite.
Stereo: Kenwood Excelon Head Unit with some regular speakers. Not a great sound system, but pretty good for a race car.

There is a ton more I am SURE I am missing. I have more than $40,000 in receipts between the previous owner and myself. All the paperwork I have is included with the car, and there is A LOT of it, a complete binder full of receipts and paperwork. There is SO much I could say about the car, and I could keep going on and on about the things that were done, but call me we can talk about it. LOL

This car was previously featured on the cover and in the April, 2005 issue of 5.0 Mustang. It was mostly built by Paul Bottomley until purchased by me about two years ago or so. The car had been sitting since being featured in 5.0 Magazine, and when I got it here, it didn't run at all. I have put quite a bit of time and money into the car since then, and Chris at the Dyno Edge did everything I couldn't do.
Link to the Article: 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra - Mustang 50 Magazine

Pictures and Video:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPITX6x1kwo"]YouTube - ‪TSC: El Jefe's 1993 Cobra No Bull T&T 04/10/10 ABQ Dragway‬‏[/nomedia] -- Please keep in mind that this 10.65 was run in Albuquerque, NM where we are almost a mile high. This is a low 10 second pass (Possibly a 9 second pass) at a lower elevation.

Cobra1.jpg
Cobra2.jpg

Cobra3.jpg
Cobra4.jpg

Cobra5.jpg
Cobra6.jpg

Cobra7.jpg
Cobra8.jpg

Cobra9.jpg
Cobra10.jpg

Cobra11.jpg
Cobra12.jpg

Cobra13.jpg
Cobra14.jpg

Cobra15.jpg
Cobra16.jpg

Last edited:

ElJefe9830

Established Member
Nice car.

Thanks.

This car has documentation and receipts for just about every part on it. There information on everything from the blueprint on the motor to some of the random parts.

Also, forgot to mention that there are a lot of stock parts all included with the car.

ElJefe9830

Established Member
OK, I am getting more serious about selling the car now, $20,500 OBO.

You won't be disappointed. This car could literally be a 9 second daily driver if you wanted it to be. It is definitely a car, you can hop in to go to dinner or a movie, and then put down a low 10 second 1/4 at the track.

Still looking at Trades for 03/04 Cobras Silver.

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I may have missed it but how many miles on the body>???
All original paint/panel wise>???
Thanks.

ElJefe9830

Established Member
I may have missed it but how many miles on the body>???
All original paint/panel wise>???
Thanks.

Body has 87k Miles on the ticker.

The car was re-painted by the previous owner, and looks amazing. No accidents, clean title, all original panels. It was a professional paint job, and looks great. If you have the April '05 5.0 Mustang, they talk about the car and the paint job in the article.

ElJefe9830

Established Member
Nice car ! Reminds me of..........mine except i dont have big hp.

Your's looks very nice. Any Teal '93 Cobra looks good to me. I love them. LOL

I had an all original Teal '93 before this car that had 41,000 miles on it, and it was nice. However, it just wasn't what I wanted, but couldn't bring myself to modify it, so I sold it, and bought this one that was already modified, and took it another step further.

My car is for someone who wants to go fast, but also look great doing it. This Cobra absolutely turns heads anywhere. I was in a car show in July, and although my car isn't really a "Show Car" in the normal terms of car shows, my car probably got THE most attention at the show. I had people flocking around it the whole day.

Users who are viewing this thread