***1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe - Griggs/MM Equipped***

luke87gt

Established Member
*EDIT - The car has been sold

Hello everyone,

Up for sale is my 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe 5-speed. All the mods and details are shown below.

I originally purchased my 1993 Ford Mustang LX Coupe in 2002 as a bone stock car with 99K miles. Over the past 6 years, this car has mainly been treated as a weekend toy that spent most of its time in the garage. Quality modifications have been performed that transformed it into an impressive street car that is also capable of performing well at the track. I have even taken it to a few local shows on occassion. It has logged approximately 25K miles in the time that I have owned it.

I have meticulously maintained this car by taking a “spare no expense” approach to making sure that it looks great and performs well. Although I hate the idea of selling the car due to the amount of time, money, and sentiment I have invested, I have reached a point where I am ready to move on to something else in my life and the car may be better suited for someone who has more time/enthusiasm for it. However, I am not in a position where I have to sell the car, so if I don’t get what I am asking, I won’t hesitate to hold on to it.

The car is in very good condition and runs great. It has gone 13.08 @ 102.6mph at our local track (Sacramento Raceway) and has always passed smog with flying colors. It is also reliable enough to jump in and drive cross country without any concerns at all. The body is very straight and there are no dents or door dings but there are some very minor scratches or nicks here and there like any car of this age. I should mention that there is a small main-seal leak on this car like many 5-liter Mustangs have. It has been minor enough that it hasn’t bothered me, and I intended to build a high performance motor at some point down the line.

The suspension and brakes have been completely addressed with the high quality parts from Griggs Racing and Maximum Motorsports. The car handles great yet is still very street-able. After months of searching, I was able to top the car off aesthetically with a set of 18” BBS RK wheels with the rare Plasma finish. These wheels are now discontinued and carry a hefty price tag, if you can even find them. I also spared no expense on the tires, selecting Michelin Pilot Sports which retail for several hundred dollars each.

If you are serious about the car, and have additional questions, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to provide you with any information that you require. Whoever purchases this car will be getting a phenomenal car with no disappointments.

This car is located in Pinole, CA.

$11,900 obo with BBS wheels
$10,500 obo without BBS wheels
And no, I will not sell the wheels unless I sell the car first, so please don't ask.

Engine
- Factory 5.0L 302
- ASP Underdrive Pullies

Drivetrain
- Factory T5
- Pro-5.0 Shifter
- Ford Racing King Cobra Clutch
- Steel Bearing Retainer
- UPR Clutch Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster
- Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
- 8.8 Rear (all new bearings and seals with rebuilt trac-lock)
- Motive 3.90 Gears

Suspension
(Front)
- Griggs Racing Tubular K-member
- Griggs Racing Tubular A-arms with sn95 Balljoints (Delrin Bushings)
- 94-95 Spindles
- Maximum Motorsports Coil-overs with 350lbs/inch 10” Spring
- Bilstein HD Struts
- Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
- New Steering Rack with Griggs Aluminum Rack Bushings
- Maximum Motorsports Bump Steer Kit
- Polyurethane Sway Bay Bushings

(Rear)
- Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
- J&M/Pro3i Weight Jacker Lower Control Arms
- Steeda Upper Control Arms
- Saleen Racecraft Springs
- Bilstein HD Shocks
- Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
- UMI Torque Box Reinforcement Kit
- Competition Engineering Lower Torque Box Plate
- Fully Welded and Reinforced Upper/Lower Torque Boxes
- Maximum Motorsports Bump Stop

Brakes
- SN95 5-lug Conversion (94-95 spindles with stock length axles)
- 13”/11.65” Cobra Brakes*
- 94-95GT Brake Booster and Master Cylinder
- North Race Car Rear Cobra Brackets
- 93 Cobra E-brake Cable

Wheels and Tires
- BBS RK Plasma Rims 18x8.5/18x10
- Michelin Pilot Sport 245-40-18 Front / 285-35-18 Rear

Misc
- Walbro 190lph Fuel Pump
- Moroso Cold Air Intake (w/ K&N Filter)
- Mark VIII Electric Fan
- New Replacement Radiator with 180deg Thermostat
- 130 Amp 3G Alternator
- 17” Cobra Spare Tire
- Pioneer DEH-5200 Stereo
- 3.5” & 5x7” Infinity Speakers / 6.5” Sony Speakers
- Factory Alarm

1.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

25.jpg

Last edited:

luke87gt

Established Member
Thanks guys,

The ebay ad within the link above shows additional info if interested.

Best regards,
Luke

Common

Established Member
I love this car. If I didn't have my terminator, this would be it. This thing with a mod motor and a blower would be pure win.

luke87gt

Established Member
That was one of the ideas I was throwing around. If the car doesn't sell, maybe it will be done one day :)

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Absolutely a beautiful Fox!!!:rockon::bowdown: Reminds me of the good old days!!! Man I miss my old LX hatch!!!:(

Any motor pics?

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Beautiful Car, free bump and Good Luck with the sale.

Wish you were closer to PA and I didn't have a daily driver that I owed on.

Users who are viewing this thread